Another customer service complaint-UPDATE

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Last week I bought a tire changer at an auction. There was a label on the machine, so I went to their website to see if a manual was available as there were some parts that I didn't know the use for. My email to sales was: "Could you tell me if a manual is available and the price? I couldn't tell from your website if you are a dealer or the manufacturer." The reply was: "We are an equipment dealer, if that matters, then go somewhere else, what a stupid question. Parts are available.....etc." :shock: I think I'll see if I can get a name for the owner and see if he cares.

Bob
Last edited by Bob McCarty on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Another customer service complaint

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:37 pm

I would definitely find the owner's name. Of course, you may have already talked to the owner! :lol:

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:57 pm

I got worked up reading your post , Bob , and I am not even involved. :D

I would make sure the owner was aware of this. Being treated like that would make me a non customer for sure.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:36 pm

redfin wrote:I got worked up reading your post , Bob , and I am not even involved. :D

I would make sure the owner was aware of this. Being treated like that would make me a non customer for sure.
Ditto. I would spend a bit of time on this one. Have done so when I thought the service or product was much less then expected.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Been talking to a lot of people as of late about how customer service has gotten flushed down the toilet.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:48 pm

I have requested manuals online for items I have purchased as you did. Of course I have never been treated like that, Image (kinda makes you understand why there are so many shootings out there).

When I request manuals, I try to push the "safe operation" aspect of the item. I try to word it (nicely) in a way that makes it sound like neither they nor I want me to get hurt using their product. Image

I've never had to pay for a manual yet, they have always given me a down-loadable version in the return e-mail. Image

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:Last week I bought a tire changer at an auction. There was a label on the machine, so I went to their website to see if a manual was available as there were some parts that I didn't know the use for. My email to sales was: "Could you tell me if a manual is available and the price? I couldn't tell from your website if you are a dealer or the manufacturer." The reply was: "We are an equipment dealer, if that matters, then go somewhere else, what a stupid question. Parts are available.....etc." :shock: I think I'll see if I can get a name for the owner and see if he cares.

Bob

WOW!!! Are they close to being local? We can pay them a visit tomorrow! :evil:

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:42 pm

RaymondDurban wrote:
Bob McCarty wrote:Last week I bought a tire changer at an auction. There was a label on the machine, so I went to their website to see if a manual was available as there were some parts that I didn't know the use for. My email to sales was: "Could you tell me if a manual is available and the price? I couldn't tell from your website if you are a dealer or the manufacturer." The reply was: "We are an equipment dealer, if that matters, then go somewhere else, what a stupid question. Parts are available.....etc." :shock: I think I'll see if I can get a name for the owner and see if he cares.

Bob

WOW!!! Are they close to being local? We can pay them a visit tomorrow! :evil:

:D
Last edited by redfin on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Another customer service complaint-UPDATE

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:59 pm

I looked up the owner's name for this company-Wikco.com Inc. in Casa Grande, Arizona. Just got off the phone with the owner's son who said he was the one who sent the reply. I asked him how he expected to get my business when he sent emails like that. He said he didn't care, and didn't want phone calls like mine. When I said I wouldn't be ordering anything from them, he said "scr-w you" and hung up. They may carry good products, but they won't be seeing any of my green.

Bob

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:26 pm

I wonder how his dad would feel if he knew how the boy handled business.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Sounds like that may be a one-generation business with an attitude like that.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:40 pm

I thought to myself ( owners son ) as soon as I started reading the posting... :roll:
i've seen the second generaton take over a couple places I've worked and watch dad and mom sit back as the kid drives it in the ground.
We had a round of that a few years ago at my current work place, took about 5 months to finally get rid of him before he came close to sinking us... :roll: :oops:
Some of the stupidest stuff you could ever imagine, like having the second telephone line shut off because the phones were ringing to much. :roll:

I'd still call back from a few other telephone lines in hopes of reaching DAD, then I'd forward the email to him and see what he thinks....

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Most of the time the apple dont fall far from the tree, sometimes it will roll down the hill a ways though
Boss

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Sounds like that rolling apple won't gather any moss and even less green stuff.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:15 pm

time to take that changer to a consignment auction, and find another. i sold rick one for $50. homemade one