This makes for a Bad Day at work.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:43 am

This isnt me. But it make a bad day when this happens. I wander what SteveB would say. I would say that engine cost about 425 to 500,000.00 or more to replace.

418440_326988850676329_100000956490824_930045_17990939_n[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: This makes for a Bad Day at work.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:33 am

Looks like the firemen couldn't stop the truck coming down a slope and went over the embankment. At this point, they may be trying to save the pumper more than the house(?). Doesn't look good either way...

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:14 am

At least it's still pumping. Less than a full tank will push the engine even after it comes to a complete stop. (Don't ask) Grump

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:21 am

Yup, it looks like the building is beyond saving, but they have presence of mind to concentrate on saving the truck. Hope they were successful. Most people do not realize how much a tank of water will affect the control of a vehicle.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:32 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Yup, it looks like the building is beyond saving, but they have presence of mind to concentrate on saving the truck. Hope they were successful. Most people do not realize how much a tank of water will affect the control of a vehicle.

And this is why professional drivers that haul liquid tankers need a special "Tanker" endorsement on their CDL license. It not only pushes forward and backwards, but curves too. Go around a corner to fast and the side to side splash can make it nearly impossible to regain control. I like tanks completely full or empty.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:48 am

Reminds me of a story i heard when i was a volunteer fireman.a large company was on fire and the city department was called and when the arrived they stopped way short and started dragging hoses about that time the volunteer dept.came charging in drove up close and put out the fire the owner was so impressed with the volunteers he offered a large donation to the dept.and asked what they needed the chief reply was the first thing we need is to get the brakes fixed on our truck.

Jim

Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Jim Jim Jim That beats all.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:04 pm

did anybody notice that Jeff's first words were "this isnt me" Hmmm :wink:

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Jeff Silvey wrote:This isnt me.

I don't know about that. The following was posted in January 2011.

Jeff Silvey wrote:This was a ladder truck at IFD (Indy). No I was not driving the truck.

If this keeps up you may have to go see the guy on the left for a job!

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:33 am

Barnyard You are just made me strain my cereal through my nose :bellylaugh:

Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Barnyard, I think working for the guy on the right would be more exciting. :lol:

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:33 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Barnyard, I think working for the guy on the right would be more exciting. :lol:

John you might be surprised how much FUN we can have at work.