Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:25 pm

A few days ago on the forum, we were discussing theft of old implements and tractor parts. Well, 'round here, they'll take your cows too !!!

http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2012/mar/19/more-details-cow-theft-are-revealed-ar-970575/

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:22 pm

There have been cow thefts on some of the beef farms about a half an hour south of me. Stealing the calf and when the momma follows taking her as well.
It's frickin' low.

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Image

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Bob, I heard a rumor, that the cattle were taken by someone who was owed a lot of money, for silage, by the farmer. Ed

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:32 pm

ScottyD'sdad wrote:Bob, I heard a rumor, that the cattle were taken by someone who was owed a lot of money, for silage, by the farmer. Ed


Yes, the article says the one who took the cows was owed money for feed, and silage is feed. This is not your typical cattle rustlin'.

Bill

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:51 pm

:bellylaugh: I agree but aren't we supposed to use the judicial system, I mean in my life, I got stuck many times by untrustworthy people, but I never hooked onto my trailer and took their cattle or anything else. But I did take a few to court. Come to think of it, I got the judgments but rarely the money. Maybe I should have taken the cows !

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:18 pm

I bet he gets the cows back when he pays for the feed.

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Dale Shaw wrote:I bet he gets the cows back when he pays for the feed.

Tonight's news said the cattle rustler is being charged with felony larceny. Guess he should have used the court system! Cows are staying at his place, for quarantine, since they were sent across state lines, without proper paperwork. (Rustler is in Connecticut) Ed

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Out here we still hang rustlers and then ask questions. :lol:

Bob

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Happened a little while back to a friend of mine in Sidney about 30 min north of me. I know he didn't owe any one feed money. Has his cattle at several locations other than his home and went to feed and water on morning and noticed 8 head missing. Didn't even bother to call the law. How do you prove you had em and what's the chances of the law actually catching them?? Witht the price of feeders and cattle in general it's happening a lot more these days. All I can say is IF they make it past me than they can keep what they get!

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 am

About 30 years ago when beef took a big jump they had problems with cattle disappearing in this are. It is pretty rural, and most fields are not with in sight of houses, so getting away was not to hard. It pretty much came to an end one day when people noticed bullet holes in one of the local low lifes trucks.

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:50 am

Steve H wrote:Happened a little while back to a friend of mine in Sidney about 30 min north of me. I know he didn't owe any one feed money. Has his cattle at several locations other than his home and went to feed and water on morning and noticed 8 head missing. Didn't even bother to call the law. How do you prove you had em and what's the chances of the law actually catching them?? Witht the price of feeders and cattle in general it's happening a lot more these days. All I can say is IF they make it past me than they can keep what they get!

Yep, never read about it in the Sidney Daily Snooze. Anybody wanna buy some beef? :shock: :roll:

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Denny Clayton wrote:
Steve H wrote:Happened a little while back to a friend of mine in Sidney about 30 min north of me. I know he didn't owe any one feed money. Has his cattle at several locations other than his home and went to feed and water on morning and noticed 8 head missing. Didn't even bother to call the law. How do you prove you had em and what's the chances of the law actually catching them?? Witht the price of feeders and cattle in general it's happening a lot more these days. All I can say is IF they make it past me than they can keep what they get!

Yep, never read about it in the Sidney Daily Snooze. Anybody wanna buy some beef? :shock: :roll:



:lol: :lol: :lol: . Good one Denny!! I'll let Mr. Moller know where you're at. :lol: . The place they were taken from is not to far from you there on Miami-Conservancy. Has another place there on Piqua-Lockington also. And a few more that I don't know name of.

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:27 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:About 30 years ago when beef took a big jump they had problems with cattle disappearing in this are. It is pretty rural, and most fields are not with in sight of houses, so getting away was not to hard. It pretty much came to an end one day when people noticed bullet holes in one of the local low lifes trucks.


Interesting how folks in this part of the country tend to handle problems like cattle disappearing, meth labs, etc. :wink: :wink:

Re: Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:52 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:It pretty much came to an end one day when people noticed bullet holes in one of the local low lifes trucks.

You know Vince, some folks just understand it when presented in a different way. I'm sure the message got out quick enough. :D