Daylight savings

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.

Daylight savings

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:33 pm

This was in our local farm paper:
I wuz reminded of what an Oklahoma Cherokee Indian friend of mine said one time when daylight savings time rolled around. "Leave it up to the government to cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it onto the bottom of the blanket, and say now you have a longer blanket," he said.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein
Bob McCarty
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Zip Code: 80501
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Daylight savings

Postby Super A » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:46 pm

I have come to hate daylight savings time. I am now getting up in the mornings in the PITCH DARK. And it stays daylight so late, it's easily after 8PM before I finally have to come inside. I'd rather have that extra foot on the top of the blanket!!

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Super A
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "The Paperweight"
Cub powered IH 52R combine
Grandfather's 1948 Super A
White demo Super A-"Ol Whitey"
1950 Super A "Old Ugly"
1954 Super A-1
Buncha other junk
Circle of Safety Award

Postby BIGHOSS » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:45 am

I seem to recall a few years ago when our "wonderful congress" started DST much earlier and ended much later, they justified the change by saying there would be a tremendous energy dollar savings. Reminds me when I was an industrial engineer, we would show a savings by making certain changes and then sometime later we would show a savings by moving it back virtually to it's original method.
1947 Cub S/N 9216 (My Dad's "Uncle Bob")

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give......Winston Churchill
BIGHOSS
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216 w/ C-22 Mower & C-144 Cultivator

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Super A » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:50 am

BIGHOSS wrote:I seem to recall a few years ago when our "wonderful congress" started DST much earlier and ended much later, they justified the change by saying there would be a tremendous energy dollar savings. Reminds me when I was an industrial engineer, we would show a savings by making certain changes and then sometime later we would show a savings by moving it back virtually to it's original method.

Yes, I forget what year but it starts earlier--maybe 2-3 weeks--and ends later now. IIRC it was something Bush (the second one) was pushing for.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Super A
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "The Paperweight"
Cub powered IH 52R combine
Grandfather's 1948 Super A
White demo Super A-"Ol Whitey"
1950 Super A "Old Ugly"
1954 Super A-1
Buncha other junk
Circle of Safety Award

Postby sdurnal » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm from the other camp. To me, if it's daylight when I get up in the morning, I've overslept. Since I have to work until 5 pm and Indiana is on the western edge of the eastern time zone, I can get an extra chore done to allow some play time.. If I didn't punch a clock, It wouldn't matter...
Regards,
sdurnal
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow
Circle of Safety Award

Return to Off Topic