New toy for the shop

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:48 pm

I think this will handle our air problems at the Bash this year. I have been wanting to replace that little 3 hp, 15 gallon noise maker I have been using and this is the perfect fit for what I need. It has
•5 HP 230V 2-stage air compressor
•175 max. PSI and 80 gal. ASME tank
•15.8 CFM @ 90 PSI

The only thing that makes more noise and air would be Jeff, but we don't want to replace him just yet! :D

Re: New toy for the shop

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Oooooohhhh!! Very nice!!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Yes, very nice! You should not run out of compressed air now!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Looks like someone snuck off to Tractor Supply :D . Very nice Bill

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:35 pm

Nothing like a good air compressor!!!

Larry

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Excellent.

Coincidentally we just asked a cross-country truckdriver friend to stop in at Eaton Compressors (near Dayton) out in your country to pick up a compressor, we have a good 80 gal. tank and good 5 hp motor but the compressor unit is tired. It's from the 1940's. Hey I'm from the 50's and I'm getting kind of tired too !

But ya can't beat having adequate CFM.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Ohh, Bill. I'm jealous. :{_}:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:28 am

That's a beauty! Been wanting to add one to my shop for a while now.

Great compressor!

Blair

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:26 am

Nice addition, Bill. I have one similar in another brand. Believe me, you'll love it. :-:-):

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:05 am

Bill, Install it in BOB, then run an air line to the shop. That way you won't have to listen to the compressor noise. :D

Bob

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:50 am

redfin wrote:Looks like someone snuck off to Tractor Supply :D . Very nice Bill

Our local TSC didn't have one and said it would be two to three weeks before one would be there if I ordered it. I have had bad experiences with them and their orders so I decided to wait. I had to go on the other side of Ralph's place to get a load of pallets so I swung into the TSC down the road from him. They had one on the floor but unfortunately I had the trailer maxed out with the pallets. I bought it while there and they held it until I could go home, unload and come back.

I priced them at Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbor Freight, Orscheln's and a few others and TSC had the best price.

Bob McCarty wrote:Bill, Install it in BOB, then run an air line to the shop. That way you won't have to listen to the compressor noise. :D

Bob

That thought crossed my mind but I doubt Rosie will want to dig another trench across the barnyard like she did for the electric a few years back.

I think I will put it in the shop and insulate a small room for it if it is to loud.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:02 am

Bill,
At least consider putting it on the outside of the shop and building a roof over it. You won't regret it. I can still hear mine come on, but it is nothing like being in the room with it.

Just my $000000.02. :{_}: :{_}:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:08 am

Mr E wrote:Bill,
At least consider putting it on the outside of the shop and building a roof over it. You won't regret it. I can still hear mine come on, but it is nothing like being in the room with it.

Just my $000000.02. :{_}: :{_}:

I would have to build walls around it to protect it from the weather. Any permanent structure with a roof or attachments to an existing building requires a building permit. If I was back off the road I wouldn't have a problem, but you know where my shop sits.

I also want to thank Gary Dotson for his help in deciding what type would be best for my needs. His suggestions gave me a good idea to settle on this one.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:09 am

Bill you will love your new toy. I got a compressor that size but in another brand. Get a air dryer for your line & hose reel.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:18 pm

I'm jealous! Been poking around for one like it for a while now..... got white knuckles around the cash. Not to mention I have no room for a blast cabinet and need 220 in the garage. One day!