Another New Tool For Use In The Barnyard!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:57 pm

I got another great tool for use around the barnyard. I needed a new nail gun and I really like the style of the one I picked up yesterday. I prefer Milwaukee tools, but the only ones making this style is DeWalt, so I thought I’d give it a shot (pun intended).

With the power setting on high it can drive a 16-D nail through a 2x4 at 200 yards. This makes construction a breeze, you can sit in your lawn chair and build a just about anything.

Yesterday I replaced some of the barn siding and Rosie said she would give me a hand. After I had cut the boards to length she held them as I nailed them in place while I stood by the fence 80 feet away and chatted with my neighbor. With the hundred round magazine you can hang about a dozen boards with a minimum of reloading.

This morning I set up the hi-lift and she’s gonna help me do the top in a little while (as soon as I can find her). She’s a little afraid of heights but I reminded her that if anything happened, I can also control the bucket from the ground and the fire department is right across the street.

After a couple days of helping you work with the new DeWalt Rapid fire nail gun, your wife will not ask you to build or fix anything else, probably, ever again. I know Rosie is going to think twice before she ever lets me go to Home Depot alone again.

I got the optional scope which really makes putting the nail where you want it a snap. This evening I’m going to see if I can nail a couple of those pigeons roosting in the barn (pun intend again). They sure make a mess on my Cubs! I’ll put it on a lower power setting since I don’t want to blast any holes in the new roof and risk letting any dark in.

Re: Another New Tool For Use In The Barnyard!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Oh no, we're not going to the DARK side again... :roll: :lol:

Re: Another New Tool For Use In The Barnyard!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Yogie wrote:Oh no, we're not going to the DARK side again... :roll: :lol:

Bill's wiring "shorts out", quite frequently! :roll: :roll: