This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Went to the range today

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Went to the range today

Postby sdurnal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:06 pm

Taurus 1911 SS in my arsenal. Love it...

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:52 am

Virginia Mike wrote:
cowboy wrote: But I wish they would have made it a .410 only with smooth bore with a choke. If I want to shoot bullets I'll carry a semi. I think the rifling spins the wad and at 30' the pattern is almost 8' wide.

Billy

If it had a smooth bore it would be illegle under the 1934 firearms act.
The only .410 pistol that works is the T/C Contender. It's barrel is rifled, but has a choke with straight lands to stop the wads spinning. I get a 12" pattern at 20 yards with 71/2 shot. Very nice for squirrel hunting.

Thanks Mike

I didn't know that. I wonder if my brother cam make my rifling strait.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:43 pm

cowboy wrote:I'm sprting a Taurus too. I picked up a 6" Judge this year for carrying in the woods. But I wish they would have made it a .410 only with smooth bore with a choke. If I want to shoot bullets I'll carry a semi. I think the rifling spins the wad and at 30' the pattern is almost 8' wide. I am wanting to get a reloader I think one 000 ot buck with a 4 and 6 shot mix on top of it would be a great critter defense round for the woods.

I really need to get out to the pit and shoot more.

Billy

The Judge and S W Govenor have been so polpular that there is ammo marketed for them. They were so popular until recently it was difficult to find a used one at a reasonable price.

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Corky's Cub wrote:Wasn't too long ago people turned their noses up at Taurus. But these days, lots of folks are shooting Taurus, and they're darned good! Last fall I bought a used PT1911 45ACP, and I love it. Very accurate, lots of quality upgrades, and solid as a rock.
I agree Corky , Taurus handguns are a bargain for sure.

Also, listen good to sgtbull---my son says the same thing about that left thumb...especially after his mom laid the top of her thumb open to the bone with the slide on his Glock!--Ouch!! For sure

Jim, brang that fine pea-shooter with you for StoneThrow, and we'll give it a workout over here at Pond Creek!

:{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: yes sir !!!! :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :D :D :D

Corky :jeep:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:48 pm

redfin wrote:That about sums it up Yogie. The high spot of the day was knowing I helped teach the young lady to do such a fine job at it , both accurately and safely. :D :D
I used to be a competitive rifle shooter and also was a certified instructor in addition to assisting our local pistol instructor with his defensive pistol classes, and I guaranty, being showed up by your daughter is no reason to be embarrassed. No matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better. Believe me, I know.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Off Topic”