This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Should I go back out?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Should I go back out?

Postby Winfield Dave » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:25 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:...Supposed to stay above 100 till the weekend.
John....which weekend ?? :roll: :lol:
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:34 am

bobperry wrote:That's awful........................................(edit)

I say, when you get your shop walled off, an AC and ceiling fans to give you a cool place to work.

Woodshop is freestanding and purpose built. I can get the cub in when I want to work on it but that generally is a time for heat! I'm walking circles there for my morning stroll. TV says yesterday's high 101 but is not the record at 102 set in 1911. Vern

poppy-1948
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45693
Tractors Owned: 1930 Farmall Regular
1948 F Cub
1950 Farmall H
1956 International 350U
1982 John Deere 750

Postby poppy-1948 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:28 am

My parents didn't believe in fans and we slept upstairs in an old farm house hoping for a little cross breeze through the two main bedrooms.

I have a clear memory of visiting a house with mom back in the '50's where they had a 360 deg. fan in the middle of the living room. It was the coolest thing in more ways than one. :applause:

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:35 am

I remember the old "attic fans". Open all the windows and it lift the curtains and most anything not nailed down.LOL

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Sorry Bill, but you're getting wimpy. :lol: Lost our power on Friday from the recent storms and didn’t get it back until Sunday evening.

Spent Sat-Sun cleaning up the front yard and such after losing 2 large trees, then the next storm came thru and took out 2 more trees on Sunday evening. Spent Monday evening dragging those 2 trees out into the field behind the barn to deal with later as time & temps permit. Lost 5 large oaks that they estimate at 120yrs plus up at the farm near Columbus, those will have to wait until I find the time. And the temps & humidity were high here especially with no power & A/C/

Spent way too many months in the desert during the 1st Gulf Storm action, humidity & temps were off the chart. Spent a year is S. Korea and survived the various storms & monsoons there, had to carry a spare uniform to work as the 1st one would start to bleed thru and turn white due to the sweat.
Mike Duncan

dirtyred
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31648
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub (tinkerbell) 1949 allis chalmers(ole bess) 1949-50 ?john deere model a

Postby dirtyred » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:51 pm

well we got a new ac unit and dang me if they power aint went out 2 times since july the fourth we got use to the cool then a storm and four hours of trying to sleep while sweating like all get out. then a tree falls on the line last nite and four more hours of misery (we live an hour away from the emc headquarters) i really dont know how yall older ones survived (or realy were conceived for that matter) it being so hot. :)
He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: Proverbs 12:11

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:32 am

We were not used to having AC so we did not know the difference. BUT I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE NOW.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Return to “Off Topic”