Breathing burning walnut

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.

Postby Lurker Carl » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:39 am

NEVER burn poison ivy, poison oak or poison sumac. Heat vaporizes the oil (urushiol) causing the allergic reaction and you inhale it. The vapor condenses in your lungs and the allergic reaction constricts the air passages as the mucose membranes blister, swell and ooze fluid. The allergic reaction can begin hours or days following breathing the vapor. The effect is similar to having pneumonia and asthma at the same time.

Urushiol does not break down over time. It remains in the old vines and leaves indefinately, as well on your tools unless you clean them.
User avatar
Lurker Carl
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
 
Posts: 3939
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:54 am
Location: PA, Todd
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Previous

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest