This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Barnyard Annex

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Barnyard Annex

Postby randallc » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:19 am

Congrats on your retirement and your annex. Hard decision to retire if you have the right job. Easy decision if not.
The only thing better than retirement is grandkids, and, .... well this is a family site. But, in a few weeks time, you'll be like the old commercial, "you'll wonder where the yeller went" .. you'll wonder where the time went. Always, something going on after your retire and many folks wanting part or all of your free time. "Now that you're retired, can you ???
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:11 am

I assume you have thought of it, or someone has mentioned it, but in the picture of the old house the power lines appear to be close enough that the fire department may not want to use it for training.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:45 am

John, I have wondered about the lines myself. The fire department will be inspecting it after it is in my name to determine if they can burn it or not. One thing the Chief told me when I asked was how they go about it. He said after they have done all ther rescue training they will set a controlled fire on the top floor at one end and then put it out, they will continue with controlled fires until it is safe to allow it to burn completely.

My original plan was to dismantle it as some have mentioned. My insurance company won't allow that unless the person doing it shows proof of liability insurance. Once I have ownership next week I can dig into the walls and see how bad it really is. I have dismantled a few houses myself in my time and with my high lift and free time I just may have some lumber for my barn. If it is as bad as I suspect, then it goes to the fire fighters.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:14 am

Well, four and a half years later the story continues. This should be the final chapter.

We never did anything with this house and it still stands as it did when we bought it. We used it mainly for storage in the garage and a place to practice grass cutting. We nailed many of the boards back on so it looked presentable and cleaned up a lot of brush. The neighbors liked how the placed looked better. But since we built the new pole barn in the barnyard, this property had no real use.

We put up a couple of for sale signs and waited. The first day we had two calls. One couple looked and wanted to restore it, they never called back. People called everyday and several looked it over, but no deals. Then a couple came by in late August and made an offer I couldn't refuse. They wanted to put in a small nursery. I told them it would take a zone change to do that. They gave me a contract with a contingency that the deal would not go through if the zoning appeal did not go through and a $500 nonrefundable deposit . They then applied for the zone change. We had to wait until October for the public hearing and when I walked into the meeting room I was somewhat surprised to see most everyone who lived on that street were there. One person was against it and had called their neighbors to fill their heads with nonsense about trash blowing in their yards and wells going dry because of the water being used to maintain the plants, and noise and on an on. Needless to say, the bore did not approve the zone change even though there is a similar business next to the neighboring cemetery. I wasn't too concerned since I want to keep good relations with the neighbors, but I did feel sorry for the young couple who had hopes of starting their own business, They ended up spending the cost of the zoning change request as well as the $500 deposit I had gotten.

The first of November the signs went back up and a flood of calls came in, mostly people just asking about the price. Some came and looked but as usual, they never called back.

The second week in November a guy and his wife came by and saw it. They called the number on the sign and I walked over to talk to them. They walked around in the house and the guy kept pointing out things he liked. Then he walked outside and through the garage. He then asked what I would take and I threw a number at him. He countered with an offer just a bit less than the first couple, but still more than my bottom dollar. He said he had cash and no bank would have to get involved. The next day his realtor met with me and handed me a contract. After I let my attorney look it over the following day we all signed it. Closing was this past Thursday and I no longer need to spend time keeping it looking nice.

I don't know what his plans are, but he acted like he wanted to rebuild it. He said he buys run down places and flips them after spending a few buck on them. This one will need a lot more than a few dollars. I expect to see it leveled after he gets what he wants out of it.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:44 am

Congratulations, Bill.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 am

Don McCombs wrote:Congratulations, Bill.

Thanks Don, I just hope he decides to salvage some of the old locks and such you and I looked at if he tears it down. I had to leave all that in there and he mentioned the doors during the walk through.

Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:43 am

Congrats on getting it sold. Probably a relief to you and made you some Christmas money as well.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Bbhzx12
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 03865
Tractors Owned: '59 Cub

Postby Bbhzx12 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:09 am

Bob McCarty wrote:Bill, I think you had a typo in there. You called it a "car" garage. Need I say more. :D

Bob

Car is right
Cover Anything Red!
If it don't go, chrome it.

Return to “Off Topic”