This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Parts moochers

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Parts moochers

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Is it just me, or have you noticed that there seem to be more and more "Where can I find a <insert rare and highy-sought-after tractor, part, or implement here>?" posts on the various tractor forums lately?

It's against the rules on most boards, though moderators tend to let it slide. There's a place to post wanted ads on most boards for that sort of thing, and just because you struck out there doesn't mean you get to thumb your nose at the board's rules that the rest of us respect and abide by...

Drives me up a wall.

Half the time I figure they know exactly how to go about getting what they want, but they are doing it in the hopes someone will take pity on them and either give it to them free, or cut them a charity deal.

Okay, they're taking a shot in the dark hoping to get lucky. You've got to give them a *little* credit. If I did it, even incognito, they'd be all over me like flies on a fresh prairie muffin for breakin' the rules, though.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Re: Parts moochers

Postby CapeCodCubs » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:42 pm

yup....and gotta the some of the same ones who "know what you have is worth something" and won't let on. One of my favorite scams from out here was when a guy was looking for some cultivators and he told the seller that his set was worthless because it was missing a rare lift arm....the lift arm he was referring to as rare was one that was the same as one from a 144 set.

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54515

Postby birddog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Not saying that it's right to do it, if the rules are against it, but some times it's done because a lot more people will see it on, say, the " Repair forum". Some one may have the part that they would sell but aren't really into selling parts so they don't look at the " Parts Wanted forum".
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:28 pm

birddog wrote:Not saying that it's right to do it, if the rules are against it, but some times it's done because a lot more people will see it on, say, the " Repair forum". Some one may have the part that they would sell but aren't really into selling parts so they don't look at the " Parts Wanted forum".

I obey the rules here. It was hard for a while, when the new rules were put in place.

I do agree with Birddog, that a bunch of folks are barn sour, and just go to the same area of the site all the time. They miss some of the need part/have part/where do Y'all get the part discussions. Then they need to ask the same question again.

It is a fact, that some folks need to be reminded of the stuff they need also.

I use to take lots and lots of stuff to cubfests, just in case someone needed something. And each and every time, someone did. It is too hard to load, haul, unload, haul, unload and put away the heavy stuff, and there is just so much room for the little stuff.

But if folks would say ahead of time what they did need, it could be there.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Some people are just plain self centered , in their way of thinking they have done no wrong. I have been looking for a few post to get moved .
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Off Topic”