This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wazzits in the blacksmith shop.

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Wazzits in the blacksmith shop.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:12 pm

I have been helping Scrivet clean out stuff he bought at the estate auction of an Uncle of his. One of the things he bought was the contents of an old long abandoned blacksmith shop in which we are finding all kinds of things. Ground hogs have been in there so long that the dirt is piled up 2 to 2 1/2 feet deep, burying the lower shelf on the work bench, as well as everything else that had been piled in it for years.

Here is one of the things we found that we could not identify for sure. It appears to be a chopper/grinder for some type of dry material. The processed material comes out the hole in the second picture,, and the knives on the sides in the 3rd picture appear to be removable to sharpen or replace. My thoughts were that it might be for cutting up dried tobacco leaves for use in pipes and cigarettes. Does anyone know for sure what it is?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mr Ziffel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20106
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub with 193 plow, snow plow. Woods 59 mower. unknown disk, John Deere spring-tooth harrow, 2009 New Holland T1510, Massey Ferguson Mod 25 Disc (I think)
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Wazzits in the blacksmith shop.

Postby Mr Ziffel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Yes, you are right. It is a Tobacco grinder. http://www.etsy.com/listing/98013567/18 ... -cast-iron

Return to “Off Topic”