This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

East Coast weather!

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: East Coast weather!

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:04 am

Glad to hear that you and the family are safe and sound. Thanks for posting Carl.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

EarlyCub49
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18036
Tractors Owned: Presently
1949 Cub
1953 Cub
Kubota Zero turn
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby EarlyCub49 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Weathered the storm here only 3-1/2" of rain total. Electric was out for over 70 hours, luckly no property damage, glad I had a generator for the sump pump and the freezer, really glad the worst of the storm missed us, alot still with out electric locally.
Pray for the people of New York and New Jersey that were not so fortunate on the eastern seaboard.
My prayers to all.

Bruce T.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:31 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out for the people who are up against and recovering from natures wrath. Its a northeast katrina for sure. Remember material things can be replaced lives can't. godbless.

I have two geneators up and running if needed, with two more to be repaired. (the kids may need them too). I just ordered a coleman portable oven for baking on the woodstove or coleman stove. I have propane for the swedish cooking stoves i just purchased there all stainless. The primos brand i think. I think i have a supply of food for at least 6 to 9 months now. Can goods and baking goods. Bread is the staple of life with wine right? I need to stock up on the drink of the gods next. I'm preppi9ng for what ever happens next. wether its a cyclone of a northeaster or just 12-21-2012 as there also saying. I really think our creator is returning soon. :help:

I purchased lots of the king aurther baking stuff and they have some awesome pumpkin pancake mix too. I got lots of there bread mixes too. I did get some camping brown bread in a can just incase. I figure that those DAK 1lb can hams and cans of chili and cornbeef hash plus canned beef too. Plenty of macroni, tomato sauce and parma cheese. When your hungry anything eats good. :{_}:
I laso found canned butter and canned chese too.
I'm looking into a new source of power, solar power and bigger on demand generator but a new welder with a 10k generator at half the cost would light up the house.
Don't fprget the toilet paper.......soap too.

I have cooked a complete italian meal on a woodstove in the middle of winter. I made meatballs, sauce and boiled the water for the macroni plus made the garlic bread. It came out great.

I was a short order cook as a teenager and can cook anything. I make gormet meals at my camp when hunting. I never tried rabbit catchatore yet.

My point is we need to prep now and trust no weather report. I was in the blizzard of '78 with plenty of food in the house. My mom did teach me when a threat of bad weather is predicted get food and milk for the kids.

My jeep tractor is ready along with my int154 they can handle any snow.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Another sad note is Irene and sandy ruined halloween for the kids in some areas.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Off Topic”