This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I survived the storm.

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

I survived the storm.

Postby BigBill » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:19 pm

We did get around 4 " of rain with high 50mph winds. No loss of power this time, but in Irene we lost power for over a week. I feel bad for the ones who lost power now. They predict a northeaster next week here in the northeast. I am prepping better and better now. Its going to be a really bad winter so there predicting. Lots of snow from january on..... :roll:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I survived the storm.

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:49 am

glad to hear you made OK.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:51 am

glad to hear you made it through th storm ok.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:03 am

I'm on the end of a grid and i always seem to lose power somehow. I was ready for sandy this time. During irene when the power went out i had to clean the points on my hobart welder and regap them. After not using the welder generator since irene she started right up before sandy hit. The seafoam really keeps the gas fresh. My 3850 coleman genny was not running smooth during irene so i dumped a full can of seafoam in it and filled the gas tank. We started it up the other day to check it and now she runs smooth and awesome. The seafoam cleaned the carb.

When i see the helicopter shots of NJ all i can think of is katrina. One distance shot looked like boats and they zoomed in and its houses surrounded by water. I feel bad for all these people without power yet we were like over a week without power during irene. At my age no power is like camping or staying at holiday Inn with no room service.....i'm too old for camping now.

Some forget the power/electrical guys are only human and its a lot of work to get this mess back together and up and running. These guys and gals are working 14 hr days + more trying to restore power again. Give these people a break, a cup of coffee would help them too. Its safety first and there on the front lines handling many volts of power.

I think that "WE" all should make this thanksgiving very special. I'm going to really enjoy it this year. Most of us have been though a lot in the past two years. And who knows what lies ahead in the future,
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Off Topic”