Switch to full style
Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Forum rules

1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.
Post a reply

New license tag

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:54 pm

This is the new tag I got last week. Kansas now has them for Vietnam Vets. Must have served there

I lost the image. It is in the photo section. Would someone recover it for me please. Thank you.

Edit by Barnyard. Reason for edit - restore missing photo.

Re: New license tag

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks Dale

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm

:big afro:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:24 pm

That's a nice plate Bob. You better stay out of trouble, because it'll be an easy one to remember. :D

Bob

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Excellent! Low number plates around here are a big deal, but that one is surely very special.

Thanks for your service!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:51 am

That's very nice! How in the world did you get #1? That's very special!

Here in Ohio, we have all the military plates as well, however as a Purple Heart recipient, I received "Purple Heart" plates for all my vehicles. The best part about them is that they are absolutely free of charge! I didn't get to pick my numbers, however.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:09 am

Thank you for your service to our country.
And to all you other Vets.
God Bless

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:49 am

Now I like that. Thank you for your service.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:38 pm

[quote="Gary Dotson"]That's very nice! How in the world did you get #1? That's very special!

I guess I got number 1 because I was the one who designed and initiated The idea for this tag. Took me 3 years working with the State of Kansas to get it done. Many roadblocks, but finally got the results I wanted.
The first 4(1-2-3-4) numbers are all class (class of 66) mates of mine. There were 12 boys in my class, 4 of us went to Vietnam, 4 of us came back. 2 Navy, 2 Army.
The idea of this tag is so that every time someone see it they will remember the 58,000 plus who did not come back.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 am

muleboss wrote:
Gary Dotson wrote:That's very nice! How in the world did you get #1? That's very special!

I guess I got number 1 because I was the one who designed and initiated The idea for this tag. Took me 3 years working with the State of Kansas to get it done. Many roadblocks, but finally got the results I wanted.
The first 4(1-2-3-4) numbers are all class (class of 66) mates of mine. There were 12 boys in my class, 4 of us went to Vietnam, 4 of us came back. 2 Navy, 2 Army.
The idea of this tag is so that every time someone see it they will remember the 58,000 plus who did not come back.

What a wonderful story and idea :!: Thanks for your service AND hard work.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:41 am

muleboss wrote: Took me 3 years working with the State of Kansas to get it done. Many roadblocks, but finally got the results I wanted.

Time well spent, persistence pays off, very sharp.

Thank you for your service Sir.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:59 am

Didn't cross my mind that you served in Nam; didn't realize 'til now.

Thank you, Bob, for serving our country.

Great story. Thank you for sharing it.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks for your service. :D :D

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 pm

[quote="Stanton"]Didn't cross my mind that you served in Nam; didn't realize 'til now.

Guess I never had any reason to tell you.
Post a reply