Switch to full style
Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Forum rules

1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.
Post a reply

Re: Rear Ag Tires Loaded With... Cost Savings?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:27 pm

I recalled that the thing that made the burning river noteworthy was the fact that it spread to a bridge. Then I followed your link and found the picture of the burnt bridge!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 pm

wellsknob wrote:It was real funny to the older guys. Didn't take me long to learn.

Yes I graduated high school when I was 17 and started college before I turned 18.

Thankfully, all my working life I worked with exceptional men (and women) who took me under their wings and taught me things only experience taught them.

Additionally, I was never scammed into stupid goose chases because apparently I was well liked. Maybe this can be attributed to the union culture, the brotherhood of looking out for each other.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Jim Becker wrote:I recalled that the thing that made the burning river noteworthy was the fact that it spread to a bridge. Then I followed your link and found the picture of the burnt bridge!

In all honesty, I was never aware of the previous fires. The 69 fire grabbed headlines and attention for sure. There is even a local microbrewery currently marketing "Burning River" beer. Another "regional" thing for sure!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:57 pm

lazyuniondriver wrote:

Additionally, I was never scammed into stupid goose chases because apparently I was well liked. Maybe this can be attributed to the union culture, the brotherhood of looking out for each other.

I see, like sewage in a tractor tire.
Post a reply