This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Innocent kids

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Innocent kids

Postby Jack fowler » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:42 am

Bigschuss wrote:
I get a sense that most people in their 40's, 50's 60's, and 70's long for an American like to used to be.

For me it’s more than a sense, it’s a pleading

Blair,
In my opinion you as an educator along with parents are the most important people in our nation to form the future civilization(s) of our country.
As what I'm reading you're saying as teacher and a parent what you are seeing for the "fester in our country" is mostly violent video games, access to explicit internet sites and unsupervised children?
Sir don't apologize for your rant; your post should be in the headlines…. Please keep posting your thoughts…you along with your follow high school teachers put the finishing touch on the next generation.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:08 am

School tragedies are not new, but now get more publicity-- faster.
Here is one that is mostly forgotten. And he was a trusted insider.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
Luck favors those who are prepared

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:21 am

Yet another reason that I have not watched the TV news in years. How do you 'explain' an event like that to a bright eyed child??

Seems we are getting more 'selfish' by the day.

Occasionally you can stumble into a good story:
http://lightandchampion.com/article/003 ... -community
"Members of Bennett Chapel Baptist Church, in Possum Trot (pop. 700) have adopted a stunning 76 foster kids over the past 16 years after the minister’s wife took in four and inspired a chain reaction. The 20 or so sets of foster parents who followed the lead of Bishop W.C. Martin and his wife, Donna Martin, hope their act of love will inspire others to take in fosters children from across the state, many of whom had been abandoned or abused."

"The Possum Trot community’s adoptive families have been on a life-changing mission in the lives of the children they have adopted, and although the spiritual lessons they impart are the most significant, the tangible gifts the children received on Dec. 4 will clearly illustrate what grace is."
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

muleboss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66839
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby muleboss » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:18 pm

armed police officers in her school every day not just to protect the staff and children but to act as positive roll models in the school setting, maybe this should be a national standard? I have no answers at this point just sadness.

I do not think more government control is the answer.

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:11 pm

When this story broke, I was up in northern Michigan on a short deer hunting trip. I couldn't believe it when I heard that 20 little kids had been killed. My heart goes out to the families of the victims and the children that had to witness that horror. What the perpetrator did is against the law and as stated earlier, more laws would not have stopped him. Laws only apply to law abiding citizens. The laws that gun control advocates wish for would leave law abiding citizens without any guns while the criminals would remain fully armed. That is a scary thought.

Regarding the demise of humanity, violent video games , television and movies are only a portion of the problem. The real problem, in my mind, is the turning away from God that is so prevalent in this society. So many kids these days never get any foundation in morality which is taught in Church and modeled by their parents. Most children never even attend church. Sad. Also, these days the raising of kids is farmed out to day care centers which dare not impose any type of morality for fear of getting a law suit. When you combine the two and add the television, movies and video games that are so popular, add a dose of mental illness and you have a tragedy in the making. Just my 2 cents.

Rick
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors

Postby lazyuniondriver » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:33 pm

I can only hope the Sandy Hook incident is the "straw that broke the camels back".

Upgraded school security is necessary as a change of the times, similar to the addition of seat belts to the automobile. Motorists did without them for decades but eventually times and conditions changed, mandating their need for motorist safety.

Of all the stupid government sponsored programs my tax dollars help support, I will gladly support funding for homeland school security without argument.
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:57 am

My son took this picture and sent it to me as he was waiting for passengers to board the plane he was piloting. This guard was looking at people who already went through an airport passenger check point in another country. He wrote in his e-mail “coming to an airport near you” !

Being a person who grew up in the late 60’s and that’s really tired of war and killing; for some reason I just can’t see this at every schools front door and walking the schools hallways. But, after seeing the pictures of those very young innocent children's life taken, I too will support whatever it takes to stop this stupidly.

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Postby Joe Malinowski » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:16 am

I saw on the news this morning that there is a group of therapy dogs that has been sent to Newtown, still tears flow easily as is the case I am sure for so many.
http://www.newser.com/story/159467/gold ... chan3_feed
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lazyuniondriver » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:20 am

Joe Malinowski wrote:I saw on the news this morning that there is a group of therapy dogs that has been sent to Newtown, still tears flow easily as is the case I am sure for so many.
http://www.newser.com/story/159467/gold ... chan3_feed

I had read that story yesterday... And had forgotten about the NIL shooting leaving 6 dead, the article refreshing my memory.

Then suddenly I remember this past February, 30 minutes from where I live, Chardon, Ohio High School, 3 dead, 3 wounded.

These incidents are spaced out just far enough flying under the radar preventing them from being considered an epidemic.

Sandy Hook has got to be the tipping point. Changes in school security is now mandatory. I hope every one reading this will take the time to email or call your State Representative and Senator echoing the need for change.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 am

I fear the problem is in the raising of these individuals that perpetrate these acts. No gun laws will help. Somehow we have to get our moral values back.As they have long been gone.
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lazyuniondriver » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:34 am

Boss Hog wrote:I fear the problem is in the raising of these individuals...

Definitely the root of the problem.

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:45 am

This kid had mental illness. His mother basically devoted, and sacrificed, her life to supporting him. I think it is a lot more complex than blaming the parents. We will never know exactly what went on in that house.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 am

I was speaking in general
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lazyuniondriver » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Having a close family member diagnosed with mental illness drove me to research the complexity of mental illness in great depth.

Mental illness is wider spread than most think, a disease often hidden because of embarrassment.

I joined the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) http://www.nami.org/ last year, a cheap investment for the amount of information, literature and publications you receive with your membership.

As previously stated, one has no idea what goes on behind closed doors or in someone's mind.

NAMI is a great resource for those with questions.
Attachments
1355849931-picsay.jpg
1355849931-picsay.jpg (47.23 KiB) Viewed 404 times

ToddW
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 54911
Tractors Owned: -
1951 F-Cub
1960 Yellow Loboy
Despeeder, FH Rototiller, / FH York Rake, FH plow, 152 Disk plow, Woods brush mower, Wagner Loader, Grader Blades, 23-A Disc Harrow. Spike tooth harrow
FORD JUBILEE with Sherman 12-speed
1953 Ford F-100 Jubilee
Cadet 108 with mower and snow thrower -Cadet 1650 with deck and thrower

Postby ToddW » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm

God Bless the innocent kids and staff in this heartwrenching mess. Don't think the teachers that sacrificed trying to help save kids are given anywhere near the recognition they should be. Seems to me other occupations of public service that get killed in line of protecting others get a lot more fuss in the media, and its just the way our screwed up society is I guess. Does not make it right at all

Return to “Off Topic”