Switch to full style
Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Forum rules

1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.
Post a reply

Re: Selling outside the U.S.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Rudi, it's a Monte Carlo. I have tons of pix, but I'm especially fond of this video I shot on my phone last weekend while pulling into the garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x9v8fFiuhk

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:16 am

Cool video, John! I was wondering if you were selling the Monte, guess I know now. It's certainly a slick & unique car.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:19 pm

John:

3 of my favourite cars have to be the '57 Chevy Bel Air, '69 442 W-30 H/O, '69/'70 Goats. My last Olds was a 79 Cutlass S and it shared a similar style to your Monte Carlo. I liked the lines of those models. I like how yours sounds Very nice car. :big smile:

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Rudi wrote:John:

3 of my favourite cars have to be the '57 Chevy Bel Air, '69 442 W-30 H/O, '69/'70 Goats. My last Olds was a 79 Cutlass S and it shared a similar style to your Monte Carlo. I liked the lines of those models. I like how yours sounds Very nice car. :big smile:

Rudy, I had a nice '57 hardtop a few years ago. I also had this '79 Cutlass with a factory V8 and 5 speed manual transmission. Very rare car and in extremely good condition. I saw it for sale not long after I sold it for almost three times my selling price.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:47 pm

coppersmythe wrote:good luck john , let us know how it turns out, coppersmythe........................

The potential buyer found a fellow in my area that is going to come and inspect the car for him tomorrow. Coincidentally, he knows me and has seen the car before. I would think that would make the buyer suspicious, but he doesn't seem to mind.

There is quite a bit of information on the internet about buying a car unseen. I know, because the potential buyer forwarded me a lot of it.

I still need to find out more about the broker/bonded agent - who hires him, how much does it cost, etc.

John

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:34 pm

As it turns out, the deal fell through. The buyer and the inspector got their wires crossed, so the buyer pulled out.

I suppose I'll never know if he was a legitimate buyer, but that's better than finding out the hard way that he wasn't...

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Thanks for getting back to us. I guess it fell through for a reason. :?

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:37 pm

John,

You're ahead on that deal.
Post a reply