This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Memorial Day

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Memorial Day

Postby Jack fowler » Mon May 30, 2005 6:04 am

Memorial Day is much more than a three-day weekend that marks the beginning of summer. To many people, especially the nation's thousands of combat veterans, this day, which has a history stretching back all the way to the Civil War, is an important reminder of those who died in the service of their country.

Please remember to honor our fallen vets!!!!

3:00 PM is the national moment of remembrance. The entire nation will be unified in remembering our fallen veterans.

The Tomb of the Unknowns is also known as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It overlooks Washington, D.C., from a hilltop at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Va. http://www.historychannel.com/global/exhibit_templates/images/memorial_day_home.jpg
Taps:
http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/ceremonies/originoftaps.html

Jack Fowler

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon May 30, 2005 8:32 am

Amen Jack!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 30, 2005 9:10 am

I was a reject when it cmae time for service, but I had some friends who didn't return. I honor their memories along with all who have given thier time and lives to allow me to be free.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Mon May 30, 2005 9:48 am

Well put, Jack. I had the privilege of being asked to speak at the Memorial Day observance in Franklin this year, and the program just wrapped up. My home is right on the Memorial Park giving me a front row seat for the Memorial Day and Veterans' Day ceremonies. What I find remarkable is that so many of the wonderful things that happen in my town, and that make it a true community, are sponsored or funded by the local Veteran's Club. Those people who already served and sacrificed for all of us come home and are the driving force to better their community. I make it a point on Memorial Day not only to remember and honor the fallen vets, but to thank those who made it home and continue to give.

I am attaching one of my favorite Memorial Day pics of my fellow Frankliners listening to the Star Spangled Banner while standing on my front lawn. Kinda reminds me of a Norman Rockwell painting.
Vern
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Mon May 30, 2005 1:23 pm

I had a lot of fun at memorial day. I threw candy and there were lots of pictures taken and everyone cheered when I went by.
by the end of the parade my horn had over heated.
There were 3 red tractors in total. 2 h's both set up for pulling and Riley. She was definatly the best dressed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/ ... 0_1173.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/ ... 0_1172.jpg

since I dont have a trailer yet my friend ryan and his dad brought it to the parade for me. the cub was a lot lighter than the truck was used to. pulled it like nothing.
Image On To Bigger Things

1958 M274
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 1958 M274 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:08 am

I had fun at Memorial Day too! There was not a parade locally, but here are a few pictures of two of the military vehicles we took for static display at a Memorial Day ceremony here in Roswell, Georgia:
(That is a friend’s truck and trailer with my latest acquisition on the trailer)

Loaded up ready to leave:

All wet after coming back:

Even though it rained most of the day, I’d be willing to bet that there were at least a couple thousand people there. Everything went on planned and it was still a great day.
Thanks,
Joe

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:36 am

A static display is an excellent choice for a Gama Goat.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:42 am

As necessary as it is to honor those fallen. It is equally important to honor those who are injured as wel as those who return in one piece.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

1958 M274
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 1958 M274 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:31 pm

My goat does not do much more than ride around the yard and static display for now as it does not have any brakes yet!

As necessary as it is to honor those fallen. It is equally important to honor those who are injured as wel as those who return in one piece.

As I understand it, Memorial Day is to remember those that have fallen. Veterans day is to remember those who served and survived.
"All gave some, some gave all."

Thanks,
Joe
Last edited by 1958 M274 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:00 pm

1958 M274 wrote:As I understand it, Memorial Day is to remember those that have fallen. Veterans day is to remember those who served and survived.

Thanks,
Joe

Absolutely correct. It is a distinction I always try to be careful of, but seems to have been a point of confusion as long as the two holidays have existed. The conversions of Armistace Day into Veterans Day and Decoration Day into Memorial Day didn't help the confusion any.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:15 pm

Jim Becker wrote:
1958 M274 wrote:As I understand it, Memorial Day is to remember those that have fallen. Veterans day is to remember those who served and survived.

Thanks,
Joe

Absolutely correct. It is a distinction I always try to be careful of, but seems to have been a point of confusion as long as the two holidays have existed. The conversions of Armistace Day into Veterans Day and Decoration Day into Memorial Day didn't help the confusion any.

I know it can be confusing... so here's a possible solution. How about honoring both groups on both holidays?

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:56 pm

Why not honor both groups every day?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:14 pm

Right on, BD! :D :D :D :D

Vern
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:02 pm

If I had literary prowess as some do, I could have made it clear that all three groups need remembering every day of the year.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Off Topic”