Info about a patent interesting to two people max

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:16 pm

In last weeks local paper, in the years ago column, going back 115 years to October 26, 1898 there was a short mention of;

"Messrs Puckett and Livingston are considering the feasibility of putting up a plow factory at this place, to manufacture the plows on which Mr. Puckett has a patent,"

Well patent always gets my attention for something local. So I did a little research and quickly came up with the patent thanks in part from things I picked up in threads on this forum.

The second interesting part was the name. Took a little longer to tie that in to my two nephews, whose mother is a Puckett, and another Puckett I sometimes begrudgingly have to admit knowing (like when under oath :D ), our own forum's John *.?-!.* cub owner.

The patent #600801 is to Silas H Puckett for a plow modification. Silas would be John's great grandfathers brother, and my nephew's great great great uncle. (If I got it figured correctly)

If you haven't fallen asleep reading this story yet and care to look;
go to http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/patimg.htm
enter 0600801 in the box (needs 7 digits so use the 0 at the begining) and click on "view patent".

Re: Info about a patent interesting to two people max

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:56 pm

I put in the number, and it worked !