Shaking hands with a Ford.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:55 am

The part at 1:33 in the video is something that is stressed a lot on the forum.

Re: Shaking hands with a Ford.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:14 am

Thanks Barnyard, i had heard of the car, but had never seen it in action before. The talking about Spider riding the running board and operating part of the controls reminded me of something I did once, but that is another story.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:05 am

More about Ford racing….

In 1921Louis and Cornelius W. Van Ranst developed an overhead-valve cylinder head for the popular Ford Model T engine. The Ford cylinder heads were produced by the Chevrolet Brothers Manufacturing Company went on to revolutionize racing on half-mile and one-mile tracks throughout the country. By 1923, the company’s catalog included three different cylinder heads and complete turn-key “Fronty-Ford” race cars, with one of the three types of engines produced by the firm. A Fronty Ford placed fifth in the 1923 Indianapolis 500 and the Chevrolet Brothers were deluged with more orders than they could fill during the next couple of years. The Chevrolet Brothers helped pioneer the high-performance industry.

Let’s see Carl do a back flip over that one…. :P And that’s how the argument started…. Just kidding…

Thanks for the video.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:05 pm

Here is a bit more on that subject.
http://www.nwvs.org/Technical/Frontenac1923Catalog.pdf

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:37 am

Wow, what a catalog. So I guess Ford gave Chevrolet brothers their start??

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Bus Driver wrote:Here is a bit more on that subject.

That's great! Thought I was looking at an old Summit or Jegs catalog for a minute. Thanks Bus Driver!