sneads florida or bust

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:45 pm

Half way to Sneads but i have to make 2 more stops,

See all you snow birds soon.

Re: sneads florida or bust

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Have a safe trip Mike. See you next week.

Bob

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Looking forward to seeing you, Mike.

Ole Billy Ray is preparing the weather for us. This is his forecast (at the moment) courtesy of the Weather Channel.

Weather.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:02 am

Roy, at -6 here right now, your forecast looks pretty inviting!! The Yahoo forecast says it will be 69 on Fri., even better! but it does give a greater chance of rain on Sat. At any rate, we're chomping at the bit!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:42 am

Gary,
I'm still pulling for the Weather Channel. If they can pull this off, they certainly get my vote!! :worthy:

Weather.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:23 am

Wait one peanut pickin' minute! I thought Billy Ray was in charge of the weather? He's not going to delegate his duty to some big corporate weather conglomerate is he? :shock:

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Wait one peanut pickin' minute! I thought Billy Ray was in charge of the weather? He's not going to delegate his duty to some big corporate weather conglomerate is he? :shock:

He just supervises, you know. :P

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:41 pm

One way or another we will get there. It's just a matter of which way we want to go. If I go down I75 I can drive 9 hours and layover in Cordele Georgia for the night. That'll put us about two hours away. If we go I65 I'm not familiar with any places in Alabama that are that close.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Barnyard wrote:One way or another we will get there. It's just a matter of which way we want to go. If I go down I75 I can drive 9 hours and layover in Cordele Georgia for the night. That'll put us about two hours away. If we go I65 I'm not familiar with any places in Alabama that are that close.

You should be able to get to Montgomery, Bill. We take I-65 but stop someplace different each time. Can't make any recommendations.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Denny Clayton wrote:
Barnyard wrote:One way or another we will get there. It's just a matter of which way we want to go. If I go down I75 I can drive 9 hours and layover in Cordele Georgia for the night. That'll put us about two hours away. If we go I65 I'm not familiar with any places in Alabama that are that close.

You should be able to get to Montgomery, Bill. We take I-65 but stop someplace different each time. Can't make any recommendations.

Montgomery would be fine, but that is eight hours and then we would exit the interstate. I will probably drive nine hours and that would put us in some small towns well off the expressway. By going I-75 we will be able to drive nine hours and have a place right by the ramp.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Plenty of places to stay in Dothan, Bill. US 231 is four lane from Montgomery to the US 90 intersection at Cottondale, FL.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Plenty of places to stay in Dothan, Bill. US 231 is four lane from Montgomery to the US 90 intersection at Cottondale, FL.

Yes, but we didn't want to have to drive 10 hours. If I get tired I'll want to stop and that might be in the middle of that two hour drive from Montgomery to Dothan. Cordele is just about right at nine hours. That way If I want to push on I can, if I want to stop then I know I have a place to go. Of course I might find a Cub on Craigslist that will be along one of the routes and my whole trip will change. :lol:

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Well, I think everything is coming together. We have our trip mapped out and my daughter and her husband will be moving into our house while we are gone. They are bringing their three dogs along so there will be plenty of yappin' going on around here. :lol:

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:24 am

Mike, you have a safe trip and enjoy yourself, and Bill, stay with the tried and tested route. I know you are not quite that age yet, but getting "closer", and it's easy to forget where you are going. Just couldn't make it this year, maybe next.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:36 am

The first year we took I-75, but I prefer to avoid Atlanta, so we've gone I-65 since. It's a kinda long day of driving, but Dothan is our 1st day target. My wife does part of the driving. We spend the first night at the Dothan Wal Mart.