Re: sneads florida or bust

Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:12 am

:wink:
Gary Dotson wrote:The first year we took I-75, but I prefer to avoid Atlanta, so we've gone I-65 since. It's a kinda long day of driving, but Dothan is our 1st day target. My wife does part of the driving. We spend the first night at the Dothan Wal Mart.

We've always avoided Atlanta, too. I-65 doesn't have as much mountain driving. We don't usually get as far as Dothan. Every time we call ahead to Walmart they never have any rooms available. :shock: :roll: :wink:

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:07 am

Our trip is based on a nine or ten hour drive and when we can get out of here. If we get out of here around ten as hoped we will take I-65 and layover in Dothan. Taking 75 at that time of day would put us in Atlanta during rush hour and I don't want that. If we get out of here after noon we will go I-75 since we would be through Atlanta after the rush and we can stop at familiar hotels sooner if need be.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:50 am

Bill, there is a Day's Inn at exit 308 Cullman AL. Easy off and on from I-65 with plenty of parking. You can order from their breakfast menu, which has several free selections. Other food is available for a price if the freeby's are not to your liking.

If this one is not far enough South, there is another Day's Inn in Troy AL, right on Hwy 231. Also has breakfast and good parking.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:13 am

Ron, I picked up a Cub in Cullman a couple years ago. I plan to get well past there the first day. Troy is on our radar if we go that way. That is in our nine to ten hour drive range, We stayed in Athens our first trip but we would rather be a bit closer for a shorter drive the next day. We drove straight through the next year but that was a bit too much getting in so late and having to park the trailer at the hotel we stay in. We went through Georgia last year because we had another Cub to pick up along I 75 and didn't mind going that way. So it looks like we have several options.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:51 pm

We'll be leaving Wednesday for our 4 hour trip up. Will stop over Wed afternoon Roy in case you need some help.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Cecil wrote:We'll be leaving Wednesday for our 4 hour trip up. Will stop over Wed afternoon Roy in case you need some help.

Be careful what you ask for. I may put you to work. :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:58 pm

Mike (in Louisiana) asked me to post this for him today.

Sunset at Pensacola beach. Balmy 60+ degrees, he said. :lol:

Mike.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:03 pm

You guys are making it hard. :) :) I'm still going to be icing Jo's foot for 20 minutes each hour. I know you folks are going to have a good time. I'm just going to miss it this year, got more important fish to fry. :)

Bill

Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Bill Hudson wrote:You guys are making it hard. :) :) I'm still going to be icing Jo's foot for 20 minutes each hour. I know you folks are going to have a good time. I'm just going to miss it this year, got more important fish to fry. :)

Bill

Now, Bill, we wouldn't try to tempt you! :lol: :lol:

Take care of the little lady! But DSCF won't be quite the same without you, pal.

We'll be thinking about you, for shore.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:43 pm

Well we are packed leaving tomorrow morning. Just taking our time. We thought we would leave earlier than normal because of my knee surgery I had about 4 weeks ago. Oh well ready to head down south to feel the warmth.
Everyone have a SAFE trip.
Silveys

Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Jeff Silvey wrote:Well we are packed leaving tomorrow morning.

I'm glad I loaded the trailer last week with most of what I have to take. It snowed the next day and I would have played heck trying to find or move anything around the barnyard, let alone trying to get anything up on the trailer. It is supposed to be below freezing up here until we leave so I might still have a load of frozen snow on the trailer when I get to Roy's. Mike will get to see what that white stuff look like! :lol:

Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Hey Bill It snowed twice in the last 2 weeks in shreveport but when you took pictures of it, it did not even show up. I will head out tomorrow from pensacola. Cecil are you staying at the marina again?

Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:06 pm

Mike yes we are. Will be in early afternoon on Wednesday. Ed not a problem I'll be out Wednesday afternoon.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:01 am

Gary Dotson wrote:The first year we took I-75, but I prefer to avoid Atlanta, so we've gone I-65 since. It's a kinda long day of driving, but Dothan is our 1st day target. My wife does part of the driving. We spend the first night at the Dothan Wal Mart.

Gary, our plan is to get into Dothan around 9:00 pm. I'm guessing you are leaving Wednesday. If so, maybe we'll catch you and Regina on the way to Sneads Thursday morning.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:18 am

Bill, we're not heading out till Thurs. morning, see you at Roy's Fri. morning. Silvey had the right idea, he's already somewhere in the South. I'd like to say that I'm loaded & ready to go, but my new trailer has not arrived yet. It got stranded my the bad weather.