geese

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:07 am

Been seeing a flock of 200 to 300 geese in this area a couple times lately. A few of them were in the field behind my house today, about 250 yards. Love the view out my back windows.

I guess they do not like poperozzi hanging around. :lol:

Re: geese

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:33 pm

We have a small lake (Conservation area) behind our house that attracts its share of Canada geese and ducks. Nice to see the flying overhead. There are several huge flocks that winter-over around SE Jackson county and we like seeing them. But for those who have them routinely visiting their yards, they can leave quite a mess. :?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:41 pm

They don't like the POPperazzi, as in shotgun "Pop"! Lot of goose hunting, here. Still have large flocks, living here, year round.
Ed

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Saw a couple of large groups on the ground on the way into West Plains, MO today. Beautiful. :D :D

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:48 pm

They never leave Northern Va. They are like politicians. They eat up all your hard work and crap on everything. They love sweet corn when it first comes out of the ground.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:26 pm

torchred89 wrote:They never leave Northern Va. They are like politicians. They eat up all your hard work and crap on everything. They love sweet corn when it first comes out of the ground.
One good thing about us having late spring. they are gone further north by the time corn is up. LOL

Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:00 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
torchred89 wrote:They never leave Northern Va. They are like politicians. They eat up all your hard work and crap on everything. They love sweet corn when it first comes out of the ground.
One good thing about us having late spring. they are gone further north by the time corn is up. LOL

IF they leave, John! Ours live here, year round!
Ed