Barnyard Bash Crowd Control

Sun May 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Rosie and I went down to the township community day at the local picnic grounds and I ran into a few of my county deputy friends with the Sheriff's DARE car and some of the SWAT equipment on display. It's good to know if the guys get out of hand at the Bash, I will have sufficient back up! :lol:
bashsecurity1.JPG

bashsecurity2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Barnyard Bash Crowd Control

Sun May 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Those Personnel carriers are fun to drive and you would not believe how fast they are :D
Tim

Sun May 18, 2014 9:25 pm

45 MPH on a paved road. It's been quite a while since I had one for a spin in the desert of Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah. I don't how fast we had one going, but the Lieutenant playing in the Jeep near us rolled over. :D Most of my two weeks there were on an M88 retriever pulling self propelled artillery guns off the range. I doubt I could remember how to get one moving today. :lol:

Mon May 19, 2014 6:28 am

I'll try to stay subdued... hehe

Mon May 19, 2014 8:29 am

tst wrote:Those Personnel carriers are fun to drive and you would not believe how fast they are :D
Tim

Loading one on a trailer is no fun. From the time you are nicely onto the ramps until it rocks level on the deck, all you can see is sky. The guy directing from up front disappears too. Looks like Hamilton County has one of those fancy trailers that drops down to load/unload.

Mon May 19, 2014 8:37 am

I bet some hip boots and manure shovels would be more helpfull.

Mon May 19, 2014 8:58 am

Jim, they keep it inside and on the trailer unless it is needed or it goes to shows. The previous Sheriff never seemed to have a problem spending dollars when it came to buying equipment. Although the APC was excess military equipment bought for $1.00 the rig to haul it is top notch. Yes, they went the extra step an bought the trailer that breaks down.
hcso-swat1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 20, 2014 6:45 am

That's a removable gooseneck "RGN" trailer never say breakdown around a trucker it just makes him want to see if he can break it. :shock: