This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

whew, that smells awful

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

whew, that smells awful

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 pm

I was needing a new barrel for burning papers, boxes, etc. so I stopped by a guys house that sells used barrels, and when I went to load it I picked out the heaviest one figuring it would be sturdier and last longer. I laid it on it's side in the truck and drove the 15 or so miles home. When I got home I slid it out the back of the truck and let it drop on the ground, it did not roll down slope, which surprised me. I started to roll it where I intended to punch holes in it, and it rolled back some????? I set it on end and removed the clamp on top to discover about 3 or so gallons of very thick chocolate syrup coating the inside that had run down and was all on one side of the barrel. I am a chocolate lover, but the odor of that stuff was terrible. I may have to trap a skunk and put it inside to clear the odor..
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: whew, that smells awful

Postby sdurnal » Thu May 22, 2014 8:07 am

Ewwww!

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu May 22, 2014 10:59 am

:lol: Are you sure it was chocolate?
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu May 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Did it taste like choclate? :shock:

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu May 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Chocolate burns at 450 degrees. Poke some air holes near the bottom of the barrel. Set barrel as far away from the building as possible. Wait until wind is blowing away from the house and shop. Start a big fire in the barrel. The fire should take care of the chocolate.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu May 22, 2014 8:54 pm

that is my barrel for burning boxes, papers, etc. Punched some holes in bottom and lower sides with a pick and ass soon as I get enough stuff accumulated i will fire it off. i don't know how long since that barrel was dumped, but I figure the left over contents had sure spoiled.
Last edited by John *.?-!.* cub owner on Thu May 22, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Thu May 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Guy I work with knocked over a metal cup with a lid yesterday. It was half full of what was believed to be hot chocolate. He had forgotten it was behind his file rack on the stand next to his desk. He hadn't fixed any hot chocolate since about March :shock: When the lid came off it cleared the place out for awhile :lol: I can't imagine what a part of a barrel would smell like. And NO John I don't want to come by and take a whiff. I might even check which way the wind is blowing before I go by on the highway :D

(PS Pauline says to check your spelling!)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Scrivet wrote:........(PS Pauline says to check your spelling!)
She was not there to see what I was using to make holes in addition to the pick.

Return to “Off Topic”