Veterans

Sat May 24, 2014 12:41 am

I just want to thank all you Veterans for all you have done for our country.
We can never thank you enough. We hope you have a fine weekend.
God Bless You All.

Re: Veterans

Sat May 24, 2014 7:17 am

:Dito:

Veteran or not a military veteran, my sincere appreciation for all folks who served or are serving your country.

Sat May 24, 2014 3:43 pm

I imagine that I speak for a large number of veterans when I point out that this weekend is Memorial Day, not Veterans day. Please remember the service members that never got to be veterans.

Sat May 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Jim is so right. As a veteran I have never considered this to be a day to thank me, my brother or the many friends I am proud to have served with. It is a day to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. It was just discussed at our Amvets post the other day how many people continue to get the two days mixed up.

Sat May 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks Jim. It is said that a lot of Americans do not know the difference. This weekend is not for me, but my friend (school mate) and all others who gave all,and who is still a Vietnam MIA.

Sat May 24, 2014 10:10 pm

This weekend is "Salute to Veterans" in central Missouri; 3 day air show, parades, etc..

Sun May 25, 2014 5:48 am

Jim Becker wrote:I imagine that I speak for a large number of veterans when I point out that this weekend is Memorial Day, not Veterans day. Please remember the service members that never got to be veterans.

Well said Jim. I always get a lot of "thanks" this weekend from my friends. And while I appreciate the acknowledgement, it's not about me. This weekend is about guys like my friend SFC Daniel Petithory. He was KIA in Afghanistan serving with the 5th SFG in 2001. A good man and a a good friend…that's him on the cover of the book kneeling in the front row (far right) with the Boston red Sox hat.

Sun May 25, 2014 9:40 am

Jim, you're so right! I served in Vietnam and came home as a disabled vet, but I was able to come home and be a vet. Several of my friends and fellow soldiers were not able to do that. Last night, at our campground, a couple of the guys were thanking me, and for my service and basically honoring all the vets there and while I appreciate their comments I pointed out to them that Memorial Day is not about me or my fellow veterans. Please remember all those, who gave their lives, for our country on this Memorial Day.

Sun May 25, 2014 10:07 am

Thanks to all the vets.
Lets look into the sky to thank those that paid the ultimate sacrifice to keep us all free.