Divine Intervention

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Tuesday I got a phone call from my daughter Ashlynn, while I was at work. She said she was driving her car and it started shaking really bad and her brakes and steering quit working. Her car was parked alongside the road and her mom had to pick her up. What went through my mind was her car must of started running rough and stalled making the steering and brakes difficult without power. I figured that I'd have to go check it out once I got off of work, get it started or pull it up on my equipment trailer and haul it home to see if I can get it fixed. A few minutes later she texted me this picture.

:shock: She was traveling about 50 MPH and the ball joint broke. The left axle was also yanked out and destroyed. She was heading into a right hand, down hill curve. The car stayed in the lane and followed the curve. Ashlynn said she was standing on the brakes and trying to steer it but nothing worked, she was just along for the ride. As the car slowed and the left front wheel assembly pitched out as you see it in the picture (evidenced by the skid mark left for approximately 100 yards) the car pitched off the right hand side of the road and came to a stop looking like someone had just parked it there. :worthy: With the left ball joint breaking and rounding a right hand corner, it just amazes me that she wasn't sent across the road into oncoming traffic.

Now, there are those who believe in dumb luck but maybe I am weak in faith but I just don't have enough faith to believe in that. If I have learned anything in my nearly 59 years, dumb luck might come into play once in a great while but divine intervention and answered prayer is much more reliable and something that I'll place my faith in. I believe it takes less faith to believe in the Good Lord, especially when you can see evidence all around you of His creation. Anyway, I'm very glad she walked away with nothing more than some busted car parts and a new respect for what can happen in a moment without notice.

Re: Divine Intervention

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Yes, I'm with you Ricky. Divine intervention.

Bill

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 pm

glad she is ok
Tim

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:13 pm

I agree with you Ricky, someone was watching out for her. I am not up enough on cars to know what that one is, but there are a lot of vehicles that have been recalled for ball joints.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:34 am

So glad the Lord was overseeing your daughter's safety. That would be a scary situation indeed. Whew! :)

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:35 am

Oh My!! Sure glad she was being watched over!

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:12 am

I agree with you completely Ricky, the Good Lord knows when to intervene!

Glad it worked out as it did,

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Glad your daughter is OK, and I agree with you. We just don't know how much we are being watched over. I've had similar things happen in my family and there can only be one answer. And you are right on the mark.
Roy

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:06 pm

i'm surprised the garage didn't catch that during the safety inspection.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Glad your daughter is ok. She must have gotten a huge fright. Cars in Ireland over 4yrs old must pass a stringent test every 2 yrs and over 10yrs old must pass the test every year. Someone up there was looking out for her.
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:23 am

Michigan does not have vehicle safety inspections. Just rediculous insurance premiums.
Glad your household is still whole!

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:42 am

I am glad all is well. The car or its parts can be replaced. I tell my kids that the most dangerous thing they ever do is get into a car.

Todd

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:56 am

I have been in more than one situation where I believed the Lord was watching over me and I felt good till Mom made the statement "The Lord watches over fools and little children". It has been a long time since I was a little child. :roll:

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 pm

:Dito: :Dito:

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:06 am

The same thing happened to my wife about 15 years ago with a Dodge Caravan, with my 8 and 10 year old children in the car. It could have been a horrific situation. As you say, the good Lord was watching and no damage to anyone or anything other than to the car. The van was only 4 or 5 years old when it happened. Your daughters car doesn't appear too old either. Glad she was alright!