This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hard to catch up on post

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Hard to catch up on post

Postby Merlin » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:08 am

If you don't read them every day its hard to read them all. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for all your prayers. My wife don't use the wheel chair hardly any more, just her walker. She will probably get off that too. I'm improving more each day. My daughters and daughters-in-law has been helping as best they can. My brother that broke his hip and moved in with us has moved out. My neighbor has kept my garden going. I found my Cub in the garage after he moved out and fired it up the other day and she started right up. An old man that lives by me bought a 1975 Cub new and 2 years ago had the engine rebuilt for twelve hundred dollars. He wanted to sell it to me but I'm not going to fool with it. It has a belly mower but I don't know about equipment. I told him he was selling it too cheap.
Hope I can keep up reading the post now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:19 am

Merlin Good to see you back with us. The wife improving to just the walker is a blessing from the good lord. Glad to hear you have family nearby that are helping.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:25 am

Merlin, glad to hear form you, we've been missing your posts. Good that you and your wife are both improving, and I pray you will continue to do so. Caring family and friends are a real blessing. Know what you mena aobut getting caught up. Was gone to Cubfest for 6 days, and thought I would never get caugt up on boards and emails. Regarding your neighbors tractor, you might post it on the for sale forum for him. I expect it would create a lot of interest.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:37 am

Merlin, I am glad to hear that things are starting to turn around for you. If you keep finding those bargains, I may have to make another trip south! :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:47 am

Merlin,

Thanks for the good news! It sounds like the world is becomming a better place for both of you.

Don't forget to get her a cane... the next step after the walker. I use one most of the time, depending on medication and mainly to prevent falls, but it helps me walk farther too.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:31 pm

Hey Merlin,

So glad to hear you and yours are doing great :!: Keep up as you can and know that we are all here if you need us. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:45 pm

Merlin,

Glad to see the biscuits have such healing power :!: :lol: :!: :!:
8)

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:30 pm

Thanks for all the kind words. They really mean a lot. We are feeling ok at present. I haven't been getting biscuits as regular as I used to. I managed to put up 30 pints of Mayhaw jelly if I do get any more though. I still have enough juice for 70 more pints. Thanks to my neighbor taking care of my garden I got up 40 quarts of snaps and 33 pints of tomatoes to make that tomato gravy with. My neighbor said he would sell his Cub to me for the twelve hundred he had in the engine, but that would be an insult to him. I wouldn't even help him sell it for that. He can get that anywhere.
By the way, how was the Purple Martens this year. When they first came I had hundreds come, but they stayed a week and a half and left. I hadn't seen any since. My son took down all 9 boxes and I cleaned them out getting ready for next year. It was strange that they didn't stay.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:48 pm

Merlin,

For the second year in a row, I had purple martin scouts fly to the house, but none to take up residence. I have some house sparrows in the house now. I plan on re-locating the house to another spot on the property next year.

On a related note, I have noticed the hummingbirds getting a late start on the feeders this year. There don't seem to be as many either.

Take care....
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:58 pm

Merlin:

Some glad to see you post again as well as read the good news that you both are improving. The Good Lord does provide, doesn't He :) :?:

Glad you still have your Cub and your garden has been well tended for you in the meantime.

Also, George has a good idea :idea: , the cane will be of great help. I had to use one for almost 4 years before I could walk again without it, but it certainly helped me have mobility and prevent falls.

Got a question -- :?: What is Mayhaw Jelly :?: Never heard tell of that before. And ifn you got a recipie for it, Em and all sure would appreciate you posting it in the Better Half Forum.

As for your neighbours Cub. You are right. $1200.00 isn't much, but ifn that is all he wants and he will be happy and at peace with it, help him sell it. Ifn you can get him more, than even better - it will be a surprise for him, and we all like surprises now don't we :D :?: :lol:

Purple Martins - hmmmmm. There is a society here and they sure work hard at keeping the colonies coming back every year and there are a number of colonies within about a 2 km radious of me. I on the otherhand, have never been able to attract any Purple Martins and I have tried 2 different house styles. Maybe someday I will be able to attract them. Until then, I am content with my Barn and Cliff Swallows and the Bats that are beginning to call my pond and backyard home. They sure eat a ton of mosquito's and between the Birds, Bats and Trout, I don't get bit as often as I used to.... a good thing that! We have been attracting more and differing species of birds in the last few years. It is common now to see Hawks, Harriers, Peregrine Falcon's - Bald Eagles :!: (yes they are native here and are making a very strong re-emergence), Doves, Hummingbirds, Siskin's, Blackbirds, Grosbeaks, Finches, Sparrows of course and the every present Starlings. We also have at least 3 or 4 mating pairs of Ring-Neck Pheasants and a Widower who all seem to like the cracked corn we set out for them. Eastern Bluebirds are making like the Martins... not at my house.. but they are here.

Again, glad to see you back. May God continue to bless you both with a strong recovery.

Cheers
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:20 pm

Merlin. Glad to hear you all are improving. I'm with you on the posts. Busy time of the year = hard to keep up.............
Ron

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:02 am

Rudi wrote:
Got a question -- :?: What is Mayhaw Jelly :?: Never heard tell of that before. And ifn you got a recipie for it, Em and all sure would appreciate you posting it in the Better Half Forum.

Mayhaw jelly is made from Mayhaws which mostly grows wild in the southern states. I have 5 trees which one is a grafted from a nursery. The grafted ones are normally a little sweeter than wild ones, but my grafted one has turned wild. The recipe I use is on the web site http://www.surejell.com. Just type in Mayhaw in the search space. If you've ever eaten corncob jelly, it taste quite similar. Its been a while since we've made corncob jelly. I quit growing corn for the grist mill so I don't get corncobs any more. We have a few people growing Mayhaws around here to sell, but they are too high to buy.

Return to “Off Topic”