This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bid snipers.. what do you use??

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Bid snipers.. what do you use??

Postby WJ » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:36 pm

What are you guys using bid sniper programs using?? Also has anyone here had password problems on ebay??
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:00 pm

I only have pass word problems when I screw up.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:41 pm

Most snipers use esnipe.com for their sniping. I personally think a sniper service takes all the fun out of sniping. I use an atomic clock and bid with 12 seconds left on the auction and 9 out of 10 times I win if my amount is high enough. :P
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:12 pm

I don't snipe, I enter my max bid, and I either win or don't. If a sniper bids higher than I am willing to pay he wins, if not I win.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:22 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I don't snipe, I enter my max bid, and I either win or don't. If a sniper bids higher than I am willing to pay he wins, if not I win.

I have had problems with shilling when I max bid. Sniping solves that problem and saves money in the long run.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:26 pm

There is a way to snipe without a program. I outlined this some time ago.

Since the Tug went I was reading you guys comments about sniping on Ebay. There is a very easy way to snipe down to the last second even on a modem line. I usually have a bid in the last 1-5 sec. Here's how you do it. Set up 2 or more windows on your desktop( I've had up to 4 at one time which is about the max) on the same pg. Then go ahead and put in your bid or bid increments on the other pages at the confirm point. The first pg is just for refresh to see where its at. Now with practice you can time your connection so that literally your ready to click your bid at the last second. I've been in on this where the winning bid will come in less than a second to go. With multiple pages up you can start the process say 15sec before and tweak up till the end without over bidding.

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:29 pm

WJ. You can try http://www.auctionstealer.com .......... and it's free if you don't bid that often. I haven't had any problems with it yet ......... 8)
Ron

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:41 pm

I have been watching John^&%('s Cub sell on e-bay. In the last 8 seconds the price went from $1028.36 to $1226.55 or $198.??.

$198.00 in 8 seconds. Great for John.

Eugene

toys1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby toys1 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:15 pm

I have 2 computers side by side. I enter my bid amount on one computer, the other computer has the item i'm bidding on . Near the end I keep refresing the one with the item on. within the last 2 to 3 seconds I hit bid now on the other computer. works almost every time. Just got done winning a bid on a plow, drawbar & depth lever for my Cub

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:17 pm

As ya all know, I have more than one puter at my desk. I also use toys1's tactic and have used many many times Bill Poor's tactic. They both work and work well.

So far I have only really been beaten on 1 item I wanted, and it really wasn't to a sniper. It was to a guy who was willing to pay my mortgage almost to get a brochure.. Yeah, I wanted it, but not that badly :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Off Topic”