Cooling Off

Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Forecast is for a low of 44F tomorrow night here in Mountain Maryland. Nice sleeping weather, but tough on ripening tomatoes. :(

Re: Cooling Off

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Forecast is for a low of 44F tomorrow night here in Mountain Maryland. Nice sleeping weather, but tough on ripening tomatoes. :(

Wish it would cool down, and the humidity would drop, here. Especially the humidity! Air is so wet, we have to deep fry it, to dry it out enough, to breathe!
Ed

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Cooling and drying started mid-afternoon here. It's on it's way, Ed.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:26 pm

You've got a near winter time jet over head too. :shock:

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Feels good, though, compared to what we've been having. :{_}:

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Heading to Deep Creek next week. Sounds good for sleeping. No ac in the condo.

Russ

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:40 am

Heavy rain, and thunder, here, today. Flash flood warnings. I hope it takes some of the humidity away!
Ed

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Took advantage of the low humidity and temperatures (53 F yesterday, 56 F this AM) and finished up painting the frame and various pieces of my H. Great painting weather!

Don McCombs wrote:Forecast is for a low of 44F tomorrow night here in Mountain Maryland. Nice sleeping weather, but tough on ripening tomatoes. :(

Since I'm not growing tomatoes, I'll take the sleeping weather. :D

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Currently weather is just great for July. Finally finished up the spot spraying for multifloral rose and thistle.

First part of week storm passed through. Hit the acreage. I have trash from flooding up on the first barbed wire on the fence and washed areas about 50 from the stream. Looks like a good 4 foot of water went over the low water crossings. Washed out the gravel on the rise to the shop, which we just filled and graded.

Need to walk the fence line. I have some downed tree branches on the fence line and broken or downed wires.

You know the weather is great when the temperature outside is lower than inside the house and the screen doors are covered with flies trying to get in.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Inch of rain. Humidity is dropping, low temp, forecast to be 68, high,, tomorrow, 84. Where is the cool air??
Ed

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Well, I can't be right every day. :D