This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Paypal troubles

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Trobles with Paypal?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:44 pm

I have had trouble sending money to someone.
11%
I have had trouble receiveing money form someone
4%
I have not had any trouble with Paypal.
85%

Total votes: 27

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Paypal troubles

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:44 pm

There was a discusion on another thread about problems with Paypal, so here's a little poll to see how many people have had problems. Please confine your poll to problems caused by Paypal, not individual buyer or sellers. If you have comments you wish to make, please do so. Thanks
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:14 pm

John:

Well DONE :!: :!: :lol:

K, as I said before in the 4 gang thread. I have not had any problems so far and I actually prefer to pay as Jim said with PayPal. I use my CC cause it is a 25 km drive to the post office and with gas at the price it is, it is much cheaper to use PayPal than go to the PO. I have only PAID so far with PayPal. I have not sold anything yet... and that is my concern.

I would like to find out what kind of problems I might run into using PayPal as a seller. I called them a couple months ago, because I had these weird emails incoming about my account verification. :oops: :roll: :oops: like a dummy and something I should have know better about, I checked as to the problem. After the 3rd or 4th email, I belatedly realized that it was a scam/spammer and I called PayPal.

I could not access my account. She very patiently walked through it with me and I realized that :oops: :roll: when I moved over to my new ISP, I forgot to update my PayPal account and it was still on the very old ISP addy....

Once that was fixed, I was kinda surprised to see PayPal bucks in my account.. :? :shock: :? :lol: It helped pay for a needed purchase of an old manual :wink: :lol:

So, so far all I have had is a good experience. I want to keep it that way....

thanks in advance guys for all of your input to this poll
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:37 pm

I have been using Paypal for about 3 years and have never had a problem. I have paid and recevied payments via Paypal and never had a issue with them. I like the interest rate they pay on my account if I choose to leave my money there and it is easy to transfer to my bank account or request a check. Maybe I've been lucky or my transactions haven't been complicated, but whichever I will stick to Paypal until I have major problems.
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:41 pm

No problems buying. Never sold anything. If I were going to have trouble I had rather risk my credit card company helping me than Pay Pay but I understand If you use pay Pal buying and have a problem Ebay and there Pay Pal will be there to figure it out.
Young man for work, old man for advice

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:02 am

I started this, so I guess I will add my own comments. I have used Paypal for several years, and while I have never had any difficulty sending or receiveing money, it does have some things I don't like.

1 - if you sign up to accept credit cards vial Paypal they charge you a fee on every amount you receive, not just the credit cards.

2 - When you make a payment vial Paypal it is deducted from your account immediately, but when you receive money form them it takes 3 to 6 busines days.

Rather than using a credit card to pay on Paypal I have a small account (my tractor account) that is lined to Paypal. It rarely has more than a couple hundred dollars in it, so if something happens I can't lose too much.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:14 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Rather than using a credit card to pay on Paypal I have a small account (my tractor account) that is lined to Paypal. It rarely has more than a couple hundred dollars in it, so if something happens I can't lose too much.

John ,that's a very good idea, I don't sell but I am uneasy that they have my credit card details easily accessible and in case of a fraud using my pseudo, i risk loosing a lot. I'll try to change my system with them.
Pat

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:47 am

As a seller I have had them take money back out of my bank .
Reason they gave me was buyer never got item even though he gave +feed back & never ask for refund they claim he did he never got the
money either so you guess what happened????????????????
As a buyer they were to take money in my paypal account to pay for a item they took it out of my credit card & charged me that way.
My account set for about 28 days as I had not been selling or buying &
suddenly my bank calls & wants to if I did a electronic transfer to paypal
I did not but they tried to take $300.00 Had one H@^%^&% of time
getting them to stop trying.
Turns out somebody had a account 1 # diff.
If I had not locked my account in the bank they would have got me good.

One finial note If you have a credit card linked with your account
remove it NOW as if you read the agreement you made with them they can tap it any time & you can't stop them.
They will hit you for $1.00 & claim you ask them to check to see if your account was any good. (20 times in 90 days.)

Where I grew up owning both ebay & paypal and using them as they do was called a monopoly.(conflicting interest)
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:39 pm

I don't use them often, so no problems as of yet. That being said, as with anything, the odds of error increase the more you use something.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:04 am

I have only bought 7 things on E bay. I used pay pal on 4 of them no trouble.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:12 am

I have used ebay and paypal a few times and did not have any problems. However I also have a seperate credit card just for purchases on the web with a low-limit and a watch on it so I know if someone uses it online. Overall no problems as of yet. Be careful of the Phishing schemes where you get an "official" looking email about pay-pal asking about account numbers etc.
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:16 am

DuxburyFarmall wrote:Be careful of the Phishing schemes where you get an "official" looking email about pay-pal asking about account numbers etc.

When you get those kind of e-mails you should forward the complete e-mail to spoof@ebay.com and you will get a reply "Pronto" from ebay. Also do not click on any links in the mail.
Then came Bronson

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

paypal

Postby brichter » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:53 pm

I was a bit leery at first but I finally tried Paypal and since then I have used for about 3 years with no problems. certainly makes a rural life easier.

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:25 pm

No problems with PayPal in over 500 trasactions both on and off eBay..buying and selling.

I had an issue about a month ago on a Cub starter from eBay. Did not receive the starter, and the seller had been suspended from Ebay for some reason. My money was credited back to me within a week 8) 8) .

I like Ebay and PayPal...Yes they charge for their services..some think too much, but it works and works real good :D :D. Sure beats writing out a check or going to the bank or PO and standing in line waiting to get a cashier's check or money order :shock: The cost of the service is more than worth it in the time it saves.
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:21 pm

I'm begining to think the problems with using PayPal may be operator error. Instead of PayPal.
Young man for work, old man for advice

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:32 pm

Jim Hudson wrote:I'm begining to think the problems with using PayPal may be operator error. Instead of PayPal.

Not in My case. My C-card company bellied up and PayPal put me through the wringer and dropped me. They wanted more personal info than I would give anybody. Talked to them on the phone but they were not within reason so I told`em I did fine before praypal and I can do fine without them. I probably had 800-to-1000 transactions through them before that.
Then came Bronson

Return to “Off Topic”