This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

RockAuto Parts Question

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

RockAuto Parts Question

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:22 pm

What is the difference between (when it is an option) the "Regular Inventory" and the "Wholesaler Closeout-Private Label Package (30 day warranty)" when shopping for parts on the RockAuto website? Anyone ran into this before? This is an oil seal in particular where I saw this. Other than the price on the "closeout" one being a little more than 1/2 the cost what is the difference??
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: RockAuto Parts Question

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:11 pm

Most of the larger parts store chains sell products with their own label. These chains add or remove parts from their line on an ongoing basis. When such a part is removed, there is usually remaining inventory in the supply chain, maybe in their warehouses, the suppliers warehouses or both. The remaining inventory is disposed of one way or another. Frequently it is sold in large quantities for a few cents on the dollar. The dumper is just glad to see it gone while the dumpee is happy to get a bunch of stuff for cheap.

From what I have seen (which isn't much of a sample), RockAuto's "Wholesaler Closeout-Private Label Package" is a part that has been disposed of as above. When I bought some "private label" parts from RockAuto, they came in boxes that said "CarQuest" or something similar. There was nothing wrong with the parts. They would have cost full price at the original store a little while ago.

(Edited to name the correct the private label brand.)

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Re: RockAuto Parts Question

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:50 am

Thanks Jim. I felt it might be something like that but wanted to make sure. Got a bunch of parts ordered (plus a few spare) for the Super A engine project as seen in my other thread, so we'll see when they come in!
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Return to “Off Topic”