This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Military Christmas Card Requests

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Military Christmas Card Requests

Postby Barnyard » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:50 pm

I’m a veteran and I’m always willing to help the military men and women who have served and those who are currently serving our country. Recently, I have received this on my face book page from several different people and I'm sure it is only a matter of time before it shows up here. It seems to be a great way to cheer up a wounded warrior, but unfortunately it is not true. Here is an excerpt from snopes.com.

“Walter Reed Army Medical Center officials want to remind those individuals who want to show their appreciation through mail to include packages and letters, addressed to "Any Wounded Soldier" that Walter Reed will not be accepting these packages in support of the decision by then Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Transportation Policy in 2001. This decision was made to ensure the safety and well being of patients and staff at medical centers throughout the Department of Defense.

In addition, the U.S. Postal Service is no longer accepting "Any Service Member" or "Any Wounded Service Member" letters or packages. Mail to "Any Service Member" that is deposited into a collection box will not be delivered.”

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/walterreed.asp

Please don’t waste your time and money buying a card and postage for this. The only people who will benefit are the card makers and the postal service. Instead, give a donation to your local AmVets or VFW and tell them it is for active duty military personnel.

walterreed.jpg
walterreed.jpg (53.36 KiB) Viewed 314 times
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,