This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mowing accidents

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mowing accidents

Postby Bus Driver » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Saw a news story about a toddler riding with the operator of a mower and some major injury to the foot of the toddler occurred. Among the few things I did well as a parent was the procedure for mowing-- with ANY mowing apparatus. Tied the dog. The wife watched the children, kept them inside while I mowed. That was her primary duty for that time period. When the youngest learned to read, we discontinued watching the children. But still tied the dog. No passengers on the mower.
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mowing accidents

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:34 pm

I have a good friend whose son lost a foot at a young age to a lawn mower accident. Fortunately, he was young enough to easily adapt to a prosthetic foot and even excelled at athletics in high school.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Off Topic”