This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Earthquake

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Earthquake

Postby v w » Sun May 03, 2015 8:03 am

We had a bit of shaking going on about noon yesterday. I was in the greenhouse when the ground began moving a bit and one shelf began swaying and the plants looked like they were blowing in a wind. Glasses in the china closet were turned over and it shook the neighbors soup out of his bowl. One cement block building in Galesburg received minor cracking. It was a 4.2 quake running about three miles deep. From what I can gather from news reports the epicenter was about 3 miles south of me. News reports vary with the worst quake ever recorded in MI was in 1947 but vary as to whether it was 4.6 or 4.7 and whether it was the same fault or one a few miles south. I'm leaning towards a little farther south. Vern

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Off Topic”