Guess I am finally ready

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Guess I am finally ready

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Normally I try to have everything ready for winter earlier than this, but have been trapped inside for the last 3 weeks due to a combination of sore throat, coudh, sinus infection, and sore throat and severe ear infections. After 2 rounds of different antibiotics, cortisone shots and tablets, and prescription cough medicine I have finally felt like getting out enough to finish getting ready for winter. The radiators are all checked, hoses drained and put away, generators checked and filled with fresh gas, tractors filled and spare cans filled with fresh gas and StaBil, and the chimney cleaned. Today I put the snow blade and chains on one of the cubs, so far as I can remember that is the last thing I needed to do.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Guess I am finally ready

Postby Eugene » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Good thing you brought up this topic.

I need to check the kerosene space heater to see if it works and locate the spare kerosene. Batteries for the radio. Batteries for flash lights.

I still need to fire up and prep the Case 1816 skid steer with snow blade and the generator set located at son's house. Stock up on 20 gallons of gasoline for the generator set. Need to move the skid steer with snow blade to the front of the garage.

Fire wood has been moved and piled. Still need a good hard freeze before moving the firewood inside to the wood racks.

Almost ready, except for what ever I forgot.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Stanton
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1945 Farmall H, serial #213,651
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:32 am

The local weatherman is calling for a mild winter here, but that means nothing to me. I drained and re-filled the radiators on (2) Cubs and confirmed -40 F on the H. All is good. Need to top off the gas tanks in each and then I'll be ready.

John--glad to hear you're feeling better. Stop getting sick! :)
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

randallc
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.

Postby randallc » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:04 am

We normally have much milder winters here in Arkansas. Usually a - 10 will hold us. Do need to top gas tanks off. Mild winters I handle just fine. Not sure I would enjoy the winters you guys sometimes have or those further north.
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.