This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Potato harvestor in Mexico

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
brewzalot
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 53105
Tractors Owned: '57 cub Loboy
'61 cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Potato harvestor in Mexico

Postby brewzalot » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:38 pm

mexican potato harvestor.JPG

My wife thought our trip to Mexico would take me (and her) away from tractors and tractor talk for a entire week...nope.

First morning on the beach this comes roaring by, I look at my wife with a grin and she gives me the I don't believe it look she does. Of course I had to get up and go get a closer look when he came back again...wish I would have got a closer picture of it.

I didn't see any potatoes coming up, but they were getting lots of sea weed and ocean trash in it.
I thought potatoes liked sandy soil??

PS- we just installed Windows 10- adding a picture to a post got even easier now.

tim

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: Potato harvestor in Mexico

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:26 pm

Tim, Are you sure it wasn't just cleaning the beach for the gringo tourists? :D

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

brewzalot
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 53105
Tractors Owned: '57 cub Loboy
'61 cub

Re: Potato harvestor in Mexico

Postby brewzalot » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:31 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:Tim, Are you sure it wasn't just cleaning the beach for the gringo tourists?

Ohhhhh, yeah, maybe that's what they were doing :lol:

Got to get up pretty early to fool this bunch. They had a sign on the beach explaining how the warmer ocean water is now making the weeds break off and float into shore more and more. An increasing number of resorts are now using these weed harvesters to keep up with it. Use to be done just by workers, rakes , an a wheelbarrow.

It was fun to watch, he got close to getting stuck a couple times when the hopper got full. I couldn't believe how close to the water he would get, but then it was 4 wheel drive.

Return to “Off Topic”