This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

East of Siberia: Where There Is No Tractor

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Dennis » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:09 am

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/gue ... o-tractor/
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Re: East of Siberia: Where There Is No Tractor

Postby Trent M » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:31 am

I like their old saying ...

One of my favorite Russian sayings, roughly translated, is that the better your off-road vehicle, the further you’ll have to walk to find a tractor to pull you free when you get stuck.

That is so true. Around here it is a well-known fact that "having 4-wheel drive will just make you confident enough to go places you shouldn't." More off-road vehicles get stuck that 2-wheel drive ones, because people get out and play in them!!
Trent McPeak

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:25 pm

I have always agreed with the saying "the bigger and badder the 4-wheel drive is, the worse it gets stuck" :)
David

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:06 pm

a buddy of mine had a '84 toyota 4x4 with the "solid" front axle . he told me that it came with a gear in the tranny that made it impossible to get stuck !!!!! reverse . :lol: . coppersmythe...............................................

Return to “Off Topic”