This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ford Focus Jack

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ford Focus Jack

Postby Bus Driver » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:16 pm

Bought cheap at a yard sale a scissors jack, from an estranged wife getting rid of her husband's stuff.
The numbers on it identify it as a Ford Focus jack. This eBay listing is not the exact number on the jack but looks the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOCUS-00-04-SPA ... Mx&vxp=mtr

The captive handle is 5/16 diameter with a washer welded on the side. I suspect that the washer was for holding down the jack while stored in the car.
Not sure how this was intended to be used. The captive handle is quite awkward to use when the jack is still low/collapsed. Is this all there is originally? I have ideas about modifying it to better suit my needs, but perhaps someone can tell me how this was intended to work?
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54515
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Ford Focus Jack

Postby birddog » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:28 pm

That's all there is to it. They're a real pain when down low and not a whole lot better when extended. If I had it for around the shop I'd cut the handle off and weld a nut to it for use with a ratchet or impact wrench.
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Ford Focus Jack

Postby Bus Driver » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks for the information. One idea is to use a piece of 1/4" galvanized pipe to slide over the rod, notch the end of pipe to accommodate the washer. Then extend the pipe to a crank handle. That leaves the jack unaltered, affords a slip-on extension that works like a "normal" jack.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Return to “Off Topic”