This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

garden shed

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60957

garden shed

Postby rjfcsa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Was sitting here kind of bored watching the snow, wanting it to be nicer so I could be outside doing stuff. Thought I would post a couple of pics of the new shed we are building. We started it late last fall and it is slowly coming along as weather and work permits. I got the cupola made saturday. Dad was wanting a small shed by the garden for the mower tilers shovels rakes etc. something 12x12, 16x16. We talked about it started looking for materials, I had some posts that would work, he found some trusses and red side metal on clearance at menards. A neighbor we know gets some deals on lumber, sometimes he gets whole bunks of darker slightly weathered boards that the lumberyard can't sell.
Well it kind of grew :lol: so now it is a 26'x40' shed. It can house the rumble wagon, Hannah's truck maybe a cub or two as well as the garden stuff. I don't think it is looking to bad for my farmer/hillbilly construction.

Russel Foster
Attachments
Shed 3.JPG
Shed 2.JPG
Shed 1.JPG

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: garden shed

Postby Rick Spivey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Very nice looking shed! And even though much larger than original plan, it still won't be big enough. Nice truck too!
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Looks like it will work out nicely.

One thing son and I did was to use portions of translucent panels along the upper side walls to let in day light after we had our 30' x 40' shop built. The local hardware store/lumber yard had panels that matched the metal side wall material.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:21 am

Garden shed? A shed is 8x10', that's a barn!
You guys think big down south.
That's really nice.
Wish I could get away with doing that here. Got to get a dozen municipal agency's involved for permits, indpection and approval to do anything like that.
N.J. Stinks for doing that stuff. :(
Mike
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rjfcsa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:03 am

Eugene wrote:Looks like it will work out nicely.

One thing son and I did was to use portions of translucent panels along the upper side walls to let in day light after we had our 30' x 40' shop built. The local hardware store/lumber yard had panels that matched the metal side wall material.

Rick Spivey wrote:Very nice looking shed! And even though much larger than original plan, it still won't be big enough. Nice truck too!

Thanks :D not a perfect truck buy any means but I can drive it around. :D :D They never are big enough. I have though about those panels, put some on a lean shed we did on another building a couple years ago.

Lt.Mike wrote:Garden shed? A shed is 8x10', that's a barn!
You guys think big down south.
That's really nice.
Wish I could get away with doing that here. Got to get a dozen municipal agency's involved for permits, indpection and approval to do anything like that.
N.J. Stinks for doing that stuff. :(
Mike

thats funny :D to you I might be down south in Ill, :D but to people down south I am a northern yankee :evil: :evil:. I went to a civil war reenactment once in northern Florida years back and the found out I was from IL. so they asked, are you a real yankee, as a lot of the union reenactors there were from the south.
Here in Ill compared to the big farmers around a 40 x 60 is a baby shed or to them a garden shed. I am fortunate here in central Ill., in our county I don't even need a building permit here in the country if it can be considered Ag.

rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rjfcsa » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Well the garden shed grew more! :shock: :oops: :oops: We decided to go ahead and add a 10' lean along the one side. :lol: Oh well, finally got some time, on some not so windy days, Hannah and I got the main roof on. Need to get my bum in gear and get'r'done.
Attachments
shed 7.JPG
shed 6.JPG
shed 5.JPG
shed 4.JPG

Return to “Off Topic”