this week's project

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:04 pm

8 Yards on the ground waiting to be finished. Image

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:38 am

Doesn't that just look good, enough space to park quite a few red little critters on whilst they are waiting to go inside for their operations by the restoring doctor. Best of luck, Pat

Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:47 pm

Thanks Pat
Here is the finished slab.There is 2 Cubs and an H farmall hiding in the barn. Don't worry the Rescue is out of service It is being stored here untill it is sold to another department. But it was nice to use for work lights. Steve Image

Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:27 pm

I am jealious :) , If I had a shop like that the wife wouldn't see me for days at a time,,,,,,,, Congrats on the new shop.....

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:09 pm

Everyone should have a tractor shed like that. Nice job Steve

Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:16 pm

Looks great Steve, the shop and the concrete!

Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:09 pm

:D looks great steve, wishing i had that much concrete outside my building as well.

i was lucky to get the wife let me put concrete inside my barn this year. dont want to push her to far to fast. working on getting the barn expansion approved next. (currently 30x24, with a 10x24 over hang) want to go (out the back) another building basically 40x45 or so addition.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:40 pm

Vidiodoc , the barn has been a dream of mine for years. It took me @6 weeks in my spare time on weekends to build with some help from some friends. I have been saving for the concrete for @ 2 years so when the savings account indicated it was time I jumped at the oppertunity to add the apron to the front of the barn no more sweeping the gravel out every time I moved vehicles in and out. I eventually want to start a restoration buisiness when I retire from the Fire Department. But I have @12 more years to go. Steve

Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:40 pm

Hell, it takes Penn DOT 6 months to pour and finish that big of a slab (has anyone traveled US 222 between Reading and Lancaster in the last, say, 3 years? it never changes....hundreds of men, scores of machines, but the actual work being done seems to be non-existant.

Beautiful shop and pad, though. Congrats

Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:14 pm

Steve:

What a nice shop and apron :!: WOW :!: I am wishing that I could add something like that... gotta save some sheckles for a while longer I think. I will just glad to put up the pole barn extension to my existing shop and side the whole building :!:

Lots to be said for a purty building like yours. Take your time, Enjoy building it. I am sure you are going to have a very nice retirement. Planning sometimes can make a difference :!: Saving always does :)