This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carpal tunnel surgery on other hand

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Carpal tunnel surgery on other hand

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:54 pm

Eugene wrote:....MidMo's Cub Fest, perhaps we can complete some of your Cub related projects.
May be a possibility, i have one that needs oil pan gasket and rear main engine seal changed if i am not up to doing it by then. taking my right hand longer to get back to normal than i expected.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:23 pm

John. Something to look at, think about.

Can TENS unit build muscle? Electrical muscle stimulation can build muscle, but not enough to enhance athletic performance. Slow electrical pulses cause muscles to contract and relax, contributing to muscle build-up similar to passive exercise. ... EMS machines stimulate muscle motor nerves rather than sensory nerve endings, the way TENS units do. Source, internet search for TENS unit.

Physical therapist(s) use something along the line of the above description when I crushed the nerves in my right knee and resulting atrophy in lower leg and foot.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 pm

That is something for me to look into when I get bandages off and stitches out. First day after surgery, and my left hand seems to be recovering much faster than my right one did, but left was not as bad as the right one either. I can type with left already, but it took about 3 or 4 days before I could type with right one. Doesn't seem to have improved my typing any though.

After going back and rereading and editing this a few times, I wonder if an EMS unit would work on my brain, it seems to have atrophied over the years.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”