PO dies

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:26 pm

The original owner of my Cub, my wife's uncle, passed away Monday night after a long bout with cancer. He was 91. We sat with him a good while Sunday night and he remarked that he was glad the Cub had a good home. I loaded the tractor last fall and drove to his house so he could see how well she turned out. When he saw it, he tried to give me back the money I had paid him a year earlier (a whole $250)! May he rest in peace - he deserves it.

Festus

Re: PO dies

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:14 pm

Sorry for your loss. It is good that he got to see the tractor and that you do have it.
Jim

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:51 pm

May you always carry a bright spot in your heart knowing that your wife's uncle passed away happy that his Cub had a good home and good owner. :D :D

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:16 pm

Festus:

As Vince said
Vince D wrote:May you always carry a bright spot in your heart knowing that your wife's uncle passed away happy that his Cub had a good home and good owner.
, and I couldn't have said it any better no matter how hard I tried. May the Peace of the Lord God and His Son our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ be upon each of you as you travel this road. I am sure that your Uncle is already with Him (+)

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:16 pm

We just returned from the funeral home where the family had a picture of their dad sitting on the cub tractor somewhere around 1956. I asked if I could get a copy later. Pretty cool stuff

Festus

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:54 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.