This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cards for Merlin

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Cards for Merlin

Postby Bigdog » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:48 pm

First of all, let me thank Gary Boutwell for taking the time to check up on Merlin's well being. As we all know Both Merlin and Nina have had their ups and downs with health problems over the years. At this time, Merlin is not doing well at all. He has had 2 stents put in and is still not getting around well. He does not even feel up to spending time at the computer.
He really could use some cheering up so Gary obtained permission to post Merlin's address here on the forum. It's a little late in the season for Christmas wishes but let's all take the time to send Merlin a card letting him know that you are thinking about him. It would be super if you would include a personal note as well to help cheer him up.
Let's jump on this like we jump on a CubFest project and take it over the top for Merlin and Nina!
His address is:
Merlin Achord
25295 Lark St.
Ponchatoula, LA 70454

Gary, again I want to thank you for getting this information to the board and getting this project underway!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Re: Cards for Merlin

Postby redfin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Previous message EDITED by Me:

I Do Not want to discourage or get in the way of sending Cards to Merlin and Nina but thought for those of you that will not be sending cards I would offer this. :D

I will be visiting Merlin this Friday AM. Since he is not using his computer currently I will be happy to bring along any messages you care to send for him. You can either email them or PM them to me :D and I will print them out and deliver them to him on Friday. Merlin and Nina are good people and deserve our care and compassion :||): . Thanks for looking.

Email @
jimfoose@eatel.net

Jim :D
Last edited by redfin on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Well RATS... I don't like to hear this kind of news! For those who don't know it, Merlin is the one that my tractor is named after. I got it from Merlin last year...

Card is on the way...

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:53 pm

I just got off the phone with Nina, she hersefl is recovering from a second knee replacement that took place just a week ago. She told me Merlin is a tough ole bird but is having trouble breathing at times. God Bless them both :!: :!: :!:

Gary Boutwell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70401
Tractors Owned: 3 barns full of Cubs and implements in various stages of disrepair

Postby Gary Boutwell » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:54 pm

Both Merlin and Nina are in bad shape, but both have such pride, they would not discuss it with you.

I am sure your cards, prayers, and thoughts will mean a great bit to them.

They are good folks!
Louisiana Cub Fest, March 5 & 6, 2010
http://ihc31.com/cubfest
Gary Boutwell
Hammond, LA

3 barns full of Cubs of various condition

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”