Job Offer

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Well it has been a month since my daughter graduated from UMass. She has put out dozens of resumes and had several interviews also gone into the application process for Americorps. Today she let us know that one of the major cell phone companies had offered her a position in customer service and she accepted the offer. It is not her dream job but it is a start. She is going to be about 20 mies from her house so it will not be a bad commute. She also gets the full benefit package, its a good thing!

Re: Job Offer

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Congratulations to her, Joe :!: Jobs are hard to come by these days :!:

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:04 pm

We all gotta start somewhere, it could turn into a great opportunity! Benefits are important, and cell phones are current, rather than dying. Sounds like a good start to me! Congratulations!

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:49 am

Congratulations, Joe, Maybe she can pick you up a box of donuts, on the way home. Ed

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:07 am

Joe , sounds like she is wasting no time in staring her new working career. Who knows where this will lead. :D :D :D

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:15 am

Tell her congratulations from Wisconsin! I remember how excited I was when I got my first "real" job... It sure was a great feeling!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am

Joe, congratulations to your daughter on her job. My daughter has a degree in library science, but having a certificate for office technology (medial transcription). After being jobless for quite a while she got a job working midnights at a WalMart about 25 miles away. Not the ideal job, but it is income.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Congratulations Joe. In todays economy, I'm glad she found a good place to start up the ladder. :D :D

Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:11 pm

God bless her. We all got to start, else we never get there.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 pm

My congratulations to your daughter, Joe. :{_}:

Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:58 pm

Excellent