Our niece's battle with cancer has ended....

Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:21 am

It seems forever that I have visited the forum, but both my families lives have been altered so much over the last year or so with numerous health issues coming from all directions.

Our niece Amie finished her 5 year fight with cancer yesterday afternoon. She battled the disease to the very end.

A goal of Amie's was to see all three of her kids go off to school. Josie started 2nd grade this year, and the twins Ben & Will started K-1. On Weds evening thanks to all the doctors and staff at The James, they were able to allow Amie to go home that night to spend with her husband and kids.

On Thursday she was able to be wheeled to the bus stop and watch all 3 board the bus for the first day of school.

Later that day Amie was moved to hospice as she was fading very quickly, and she left this world yesterday afternoon with much grace and dignity.

Not only do I ask my friends for thoughts and prayers at this difficult time, but I also ask for prayers for both my FIL and my Mother as they too have been having some major health issues over the last year or so.

I truly feel that God has a plan, although I don't quite understand it at this time. I hope that lifes burdens start to ease for my family soon, as I'd like to have our lives return to something more normal, especially the time I've lost on this great forum.

Re: Our niece's battle with cancer has ended....

Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:25 am

Mike, my thoughts and prayers will be with your family. Keep an eye on them kids, they'll need someone strong right now.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:30 am

Mike , I am sorry to read of Amie's passing . The change this is causing in you and your family's life is a tremendous one. Thankfully , the pain will ease a bit and become wonderful memories with every day that passes . The kids are tough and will adjust in time with the help of their wonderful family and freinds. Prayers for you and your family will be offered.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:48 am

Mike - our thoughts and prayers go out to you and the entire family. May God grant you peace!

Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am

Mike, I am very sorry about your loss. You and my family have my prayers. May God bless you and keep you.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:26 am

Our thoughts are with your entire family, Mike.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:42 am

Prayers done! I am a firm believer in the master plan, and that it is revealed to us as we are able to understand it. And that he NEVER gives us more than we can handle at one time, even though sometimes he gives a lot to handle.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 am

Mike,

Prayer has been lifted up.

Bill

Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Sorry to hear about the loss.Prayers sent.Kevin

Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:28 pm

So sorry for your loss Mike. Thinking of you and your family tonite.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Mike, our thoughts and prayers are with your family. God will help you stay strong.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:39 pm

Mike:

Our sincere condolences to your family and are thoughts and prayers are with you as you travel this difficult road. May the Lord grant you all the strength that you will need during this time, may He grant you the steadfastness in faith to remind you that she is with Him. May His Peace (+) be with you all.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Prayers from here also. Grump

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:28 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Mike God bless her. Do everything you can to helm those kids.