Thoughts would be appreciated

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Well some of you know Dad is going in to have his knee replaced tomorrow, I was just wondering if you could wish him luck as he is not looking forward to it. I know that this is a routine operation but I would like him to have everything on his side and in his favor. Thanks Dave

Re: Thoughts would be appreciated

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:25 pm

You got it Dave!

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:35 pm

Tell Big Dave he is in our thoughts.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:40 pm

Dave, your father will be in our thoughts tomorrow.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Dave,

Tell your dad that I have two titanium rods and eight screws in my back. It was the best thing I have done for my back! I know a knee replacement is different, however, it is now considered routine. He will be fine.

Prayer has been lifted up.

Bill

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:33 pm

Tell your dad good luck!!! My dad has had both hip joints replaced.Said he should have had it done sooner.Kevin :shock: :shock:

Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:45 am

Done

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:00 am

Dave, Best wishes, for Dad's speedy recovery. Ed

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:03 am

Thoughts and prayers from here.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:25 am

All the best to your Dad Dave. I've had 9 knee surgeries on my right knee, two of them being total reconstructions, so I have all the sympathy and empathy for anyone who goes through knee issues. Just tell him not to push things too quickly. Do what the docs say - unlike what I do :)

Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:03 am

He will do ok. Bev had a knee and a hip replaced and she still dances. My aunt
Elanore has had 2 hips and 1 Knee replaced and I danced with her at her 90th birthday party. She is 97 now and still gets around.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks for all of your thoughts, dad is doing well and recovering this afternoon. Now all he has to do is what the doc's tell him. :mrgreen:

Thanks again as this means a lot.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:37 pm

We wish him a speedy recovery. :D :D

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Wishing him a speedy recovery, Dave.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:57 pm

Just thought that I would post a little update, I stopped in after work tonight and the docs say that he is doing a great job and was impressed with his speedy recovery. He was walking up and down the hallway with a walker. So that is some great news from what the doctors say. He can't wait to come home.