Charles and JR

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Congratulations, you two, 38 years is a long time to put up with anything. I love you both, well sort of :D :D :D Congratulations my friends :!: :!:

Re: Charles and JR

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Congrats to the both of you!

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 am

Thank you Donny, and Barnyard too! Thirty-Eight years ago yesterday, a cocky high school kid got to know a beautiful young lady from another school. We spent the afternoon walking in the park, had dinner at the local Pizza Hut, then went to a high school dance that night. The whole day was Jeanine's idea, and our relationship started with her invitation through a common friend to a Sadie Hawkins dance. The truth of the matter is that I was the luckiest guy in the world, and I knew it. The next day I told my best buddy I had met the woman with whom I'd spend the rest of my life. Three years later that same buddy stood by my side as best man when Jeanine became my wife!

So although April 12th is our "official" anniversary, JR and I always celebrate the true beginning of our relationship with a date--just the two of us--with a quiet evening together. It's the night we stop amid all the noise and haste to remind each other that we're in this together, through thick and thin. And yes...ole Corky is the luckiest guy in the world!

Corky :thanx:

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:02 am

Congratulations to you Charles! My condolences to Jeanine! :lol:
Seriously - congratulations to both of you. In today's society so few people make a real commitment to each other. It's really good to see a couple making the effort. It gets easier as the years pass.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:21 am

:||):

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:49 am

Congratulations to both of you on the 38 years. :D :D

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:06 am

Congratulations, Charles and JR.

Bill

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:44 am

WOW! 38 years seem like a long time, but then again most marriages don't last more than 38 days any more. Congratulations to both of you. :{_}:

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:51 am

Congrats to both of you, Charles. You are a lucky man! JR is a wonderful person. Glad to call you both our friends. :{_}:

Roy & Ms. Mary

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 am

Congrats to both of you.

Bob

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Charles and Jeanine:

Congrats to you both :applause: for making 38 and still feeling the same as the day it all started. It is wonderful to see couples still happy with each other after all of those years, something that is harder and harder to find. Em and I are hoping to meet you both on our southerly excursions in the next little while.. :!: :D Enjoy the day and the rememberances right up until the "official anniversary"

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Only in Georgia could you marry the woman before her 10th birthday!!! :lol: :lol:

Congratulations! 38, wow, I thought I was doing good to hit 29 this year....My best, and may the next 38 be just as much fun.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Congratulations to both of you. :D :D

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Thanks ladies and gents! It's been a heck of a ride, and we're still havin fun!

Corky