This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Prayers Would Be Greatly Appreciated - Update -

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Prayers Would Be Greatly Appreciated - 365 Days & Counti

Postby Rudi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 am

Yesterday was Sam's 365th day in hospital. Not a lot has changed, she still has much of the same problems. One of the good things that have happened is as a result of her twin Amanda's diagnosis of MS it that her neurologist has been looking in different areas. One of the problems he has identified is the on-set of an auto-immune response triggered by the RSD/CRPS issues. This response is a really difficult issue - and one in which her neurologist (same as Amanda's and mine) has enlisted the help of the Mayo Clinic. If any clinic can figure this out, it has to be the Mayo or so we are hoping.

Suffice to say that Sam has improved since our neurologist has started her on a steroid regime, in fact enough for her to be able to get into a power wheelchair. It was a God send for her as her goal was to come home for Christmas Day was realized. It was a great Christmas for our family. She had specialized transport (our new to us '99 DGC Handi-Van isn't quite ready) and came home at 10am. She spent the majority of the day with us and was picked up again at 4:30. It was hard on her and she payed for the day, but in her words it was definitely worth it.

Prayer, faith, attitude and a strong family connection/support base helps immensely when someone is trying to survive/progress in a situation like this. Without all of your prayers and support we know that it would have been a far more difficult road to travel if not almost impossible. So we wanted to share something with you all. Em and I are true believers in the power of prayer and in attitude. We have always tried to keep it upbeat with Sam (well any of our family who are having health issues), and it seems to have worked. Although Sam is still in hospital and her recovery is progressing somewhat (although not what we had hoped for by this time), there is lots that we are thankful for and a lot to be positive about. Sam and Em decided that since her anniversary was upcoming, that instead of marking it with a negative connotation it was time to do something positive and celebrate the positives.

So we had a little party :idea: :!: :D

Butter Cream from Costco :wink: Wish we could send you a piece :D

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support over the past year. We have multiple challenges in the health arena, but each one taken separately, managed with faith, prayer and support makes them all manageable. Well.. somewhat :wink: Please keep Sam in your prayers, she is a very long way from being out of the woods yet.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Re: Prayers Would Be Greatly Appreciated - Update -

Postby ricky racer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:51 am

We'll take any good news after all that Sam and your family has gone through. Glad to hear things are on the upswing. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. Image Thanks for the update. Keep 'em coming.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:01 am

Whenever I hear these stories I look at my daughter and realize how lucky I am to have her. I can only imagine the pain your family deals with on a daily basis. Rosie and I hope things continue on the upswing for you, Samantha and your family.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:25 am

Rudi God Bless her. Samantha's positive attitude about the anniversary and the trip home for Christmas are a blessing.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 am

Prayers on the way.
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Prayer has been lifted up.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub

Postby randallc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:07 am

Keeping you and your family in our prayers: I believe your whole family are "Super Troopers!" May God continue to Bless you and get you and your family through the tough times you are having.
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

Mr Ziffel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20106
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub with 193 plow, snow plow. Woods 59 mower. unknown disk, John Deere spring-tooth harrow, 2009 New Holland T1510, Massey Ferguson Mod 25 Disc (I think)

Postby Mr Ziffel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:30 pm

I have been praying for your daughter and your family
God bless you all. He hears our prayers and answers them.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:31 pm

Prayers still comming from here.
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader

Postby Bezirk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Prayers from Va.
Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

OliverFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18822
eBay ID: ranger_jer

Postby OliverFarmall » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Prayers still going up from us too, Rudi !
22 sickle bar mower x2
23A tandem disc harrow
144 cultivator (#53 & #97 spring tooth)
154 leveling and grader blade
189 moldboard plow 2-way
193 moldboard plow x2

spring tooth harrows
David Bradley planter (modded for Cub)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Thanks to you all, your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. Sam, Em, I and the rest of her siblings surely do feel them and we know the power of prayer does work. Thanks be to God.

Time for a little update I guess. Sam is getting along on her latest therapies and some of the seem to be working. There is some improvement in muscle mobility, it is marginal but it is progress. There also has been diagnosis and courses of therapy for her respiratory difficulties as well. Some physio is working but it is still on a very basic level and is essentially on hold until she can reach specific targets. Again progress - just marginal - but it is progress :) Her job is to get strong and get well, our job is to do everything else.

Em and I have been attending dozens of meetings with the care team trying to overcome specific obstructions/obstacles and other factors relating to not only Sam's care but her progression and eventual discharge from hospital. At this point in time coming home is totally out of the question as our home is not handicapped accessible enough to accommodate Sam's specific needs. The end goal since she will never be able to re-enter the normal workforce or even live in a standard community environment is to find/build a suitable home for her. In the meantime transitional accommodations/care = extended care residences seem to be the most viable option. That is now the goal. As long as she is in hospital her chances of re-integration are essentially nil.

Now that there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel for the med issues (no she will never be what she was) we must now plan for her new future.

I wish the same could be said for Amanda. Mandy has just come back out of the hospital - she was in for a few days. Her neurologist redid the MRI's and a bunch of other tests. Seems she has 8 more lesions since November and it appears that the Interferon Beta 1 Alpha is not doing the job. She has a very aggressive form of MS which is going to be a very difficult issue to deal with. Suffice to say that is about all we know at the moment and we are awaiting the results of a number of tests. We shall see where it leads.

We are Image
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:57 pm

And we are to Rudi.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”